TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Can IMSI explain Panorama
Read 2202 times
* July 19, 2015, 03:35:53 AM
Hi All, many will know my thoughts on TCv2015 Pro's undo buffer and AnimationLab, this example I didn't undo anything, Opened v2015 selected New from scratch, and did the video - no video editing - its exactly as shown, look for the re-appearing box at the end.

Tested in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, two different computers and two different configurations (win7 is default 2015 installation),  Note - it works fine in 2015 Deluxe trial version and pro v21, pro v20 etc. just not in 2015 pro,  I do NOT have the Lightworks plug-in so don't know if that makes any difference.

Any thought's IMSI  https://youtu.be/lb_bfEoBOUE
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:43:15 AM by Andy H »

* July 19, 2015, 07:48:58 AM
I can not replicate that, Andy. that's a new one to me.

Do you have > Native Draw < settings "caching of the model space" unchecked and regeneration mode set to manual? Hit F5 then try switch from model space to paperspace back to model space before you do the animation. I have the LW plugin and create editing history off.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* July 19, 2015, 08:32:48 AM
Thanks for looking Dean.

I tried your suggestions but unfortunately same results, I'm beginning to think that when they removed Lightworks they removed some other code they weren't supposed to, and the Lightworks plug-in puts the code back in again, (but I'm not paying 130 quid to check this theory)

Thanks again
Andy
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:08:19 AM by Andy H »

* July 19, 2015, 09:31:17 AM
Think I know why its doing it, on running the panorama or any other preset, its creating a mobile camera and putting it into an internal 'buffer' for want of a better word, so that it can remove it after the preset is run, whether this is the undo buffer or another internal one I don't know.

The reason I believe this to be the case is that if one creates a mobile camera and then load the preset scenario (the presets are just a .sc text script) the problem does not occur because it doesn't need to store the mobile camera internally.

July 19, 2015, 12:57:02 PM
Andy,

I have just followed your video example, and, it works for me just the same, when I run it under v22 using Lightworks.
This particular PC won't run RedSDK.   ::)

It appears related to the same undo buffer problem already discussed, and, not yet fixed.   >:(

As you can see from the attached images, under Edit (first run of Panorama preset), it gives the inaccurate option to Redo AnimationLab Scenario (making the wrong assumption that we have already undone the AnimationLab Scenario?).

Under Edit (second run of Panorama preset), the inaccurate option to either Undo Modify (presumably the Boolean subtraction?), or, to Redo AnimationLab Scenario (making the assumption again that we have undone the AnimationLab Scenario?).

Until someone from the developers addresses these issues then they will remain!  No problems like this occur prior to TC2015.   8)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* July 19, 2015, 01:34:04 PM
Thanks for checking Tim, but there goes my Lightworks theory  ::)

I'll send another E-mail to IMSI and what they think.

Thanks
Andy

* July 20, 2015, 05:56:02 AM
Andy, Tim
I'm curious, What build are you guys using and how did you install Animation lab?

Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* July 20, 2015, 08:58:50 AM
Dean.

My installation - windows 8 64 bit - TC 22.1 build 30.1,  installed Animation Lab from the link on the forum provided by Travis here http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,16257.msg95798.html#msg95798, I installed the full build of 30.1 so uninstalled old TC build and AnimLab, and reinstalled new build, then AnimLab.

On windows 7 64 bit computer it had never had 2015 nor Animlab, so just installed 30.1 them AnimLab (download from link and double click the .exe file)

July 20, 2015, 12:13:52 PM
Dean,

much the same as Andy.

I am running TC2015 (latest 64-bit build), on a PC running Windows 8.1, and, installed TC then AniLab as administrator, prior to testing.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* July 20, 2015, 04:26:53 PM
If you are feeling adventurous try this  :P>
Uninstall all versions of Anilab and all of the Anilab folders. I assume you know their location
Install the older Anilab 5 64 bit designed for TC V21.
Re-start your computer
Install the new Anilab 5, designed for Turbo 2015 and when the prompt comes up during installation choose “Repair”. This was how I did it. I am able to work with Anilab 64 bit in TC V21 and TC V2015.

August 24, 2015, 03:41:27 PM
I am concerned about the combination here.
With TC 2015 you should be running the animation lab that we received from development along with the master build when we released TC 2015 back in March. 

We suggest starting with that.  Note you'll need to uninstall all previous builds of Anilab prior to installing this one as it is not intended to work as a patch.

ANILAB   http://downloads.imsidesign.com/TC2015/AnimationLab_x86.exe
ANILABx64   http://downloads.imsidesign.com/TC2015/AnimationLab_x64.exe
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:57:07 PM by Dave Taylor »

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager