TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Meet T double lines not selectiing or visible in modify menu in Deluxe v 12
Read 4166 times
* December 18, 2009, 02:04:22 PM
The meet T 2 double lines and chain polyline does not show up in the modify menu although it does showup on the toolbar for the Cad course tool menu for v 11 but is not highlighted and able to be clicked.

I have read through the manual and have noted all the points where the turbocad deluxe  and where the turbo cad pro information.  These tools are not stated that it is only for turbocad pro like it does through out the book .  I would assume that it should be there.

Anyone know why I am not getting the tool or is the book mismarked and its another vital tool you don't get in deluxe?
William

* December 18, 2009, 02:34:23 PM
What Operating System are you using?

In Vista, UAC causes problems with some tools. Turning UAC Off, then back On, can clear things up (most times).

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* December 18, 2009, 02:47:12 PM
I am using Windows XP . 

What is UAC?

* December 18, 2009, 03:03:30 PM
The meet T 2 double lines and chain polyline does not show up in the modify menu although it does showup on the toolbar for the Cad course tool menu for v 11 but is not highlighted and able to be clicked.

I have read through the manual and have noted all the points where the turbocad deluxe  and where the turbo cad pro information.  These tools are not stated that it is only for turbocad pro like it does through out the book .  I would assume that it should be there.

Anyone know why I am not getting the tool or is the book mismarked and its another vital tool you don't get in deluxe?
William

Chain Polyline seems to be available only in Pro, but my v1.5 v12.5 Deluxe installation does offer T-Meet 2 Double Lines.

Henry H
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:21:30 AM by Henry Hubich »

* December 18, 2009, 03:28:07 PM
I am using Windows XP . 

What is UAC?

Knowing that you're using XP rules out UAC as a problem. Mouseover the first UAC for a brief explanation of the acronym.

Sometimes switching from the New UI to the V11 UI and then back to the New UI activates stubborn tools (Tools / UI Themes). I'll agree with Henry that the Chain Polyline is probably a Pro tool. Does the "T-Meet 2 Double Lines" tool show up in "Tools / Customize — Commands" under the "Modify / Other" category?

I don't have V12 Deluxe, so I'm not sure if these two tools are available or not.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* December 19, 2009, 09:09:01 PM
I changed from UI theme and back.  It did change the modify tool options I think that multiline strech appeared which I don;t think was there.  In the modify menu meet t double lines does not appear. It did not appear either on the originally and when I switched back and forth.

There seems to be a number of themes.  I changed to Windows xp instead of office 2003 but also did not see any options change except the one.

When you say 1.5 is that ver 15 or the first version. I am trying to understand if 1.5 is an upgrade from ver 15?

Agaain , Thanks for the help

William

* December 20, 2009, 08:20:52 AM

When you say 1.5 is that ver 15 or the first version. I am trying to understand if 1.5 is an upgrade from ver 15?

Sorry about the typo; I meant version 12.5 Deluxe.

Henry H

* December 20, 2009, 04:55:49 PM
I am using Windows XP .  

What is UAC?
Enclosed attachments should shed some light for the Xp user.

W.D.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:09:36 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* December 20, 2009, 08:09:18 PM
Thanks I checked that out. Windows XP does not have that but I was glad to know what the word means and information on what it is for.

William

* December 22, 2009, 09:44:48 AM
Does anyone know if there is a index of the tool menu options and such that is available in Turbocad Deluxe?

I still have not been able to click on Meet double lines but I am using the Cadcourse V11 or v12 toolbar set up so some might not be available in my version.   Some of the functions appear like dimension baseline did not have that and then it appear accessible when I changed from 1024standard back to Cad Course v12.  I was then able to click it but could not get it to work.

This has occurred in a few other tools.  The manuel does a pretty good job of stating what is Turbocad pro only but it not in all cases such as the ones above.

I want to have somthing like an index I can reference.  Can't afford the upgrade yet.

Thanks in advance

William