TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Debuggin of TC plugin writen in VB6
Read 971 times
* June 29, 2015, 12:55:21 AM
Hello,

I'm new in TC and I'm looking for some help to support plugin's (.dll) debugging writen in VB6. I'm dealing with versions 20 a 21 Professional in WinXp an Win7 (i.e. 32 and 64bit). Somewhere I came to know that it's sufficient to let in TC\Program\Draggers the VB6 project file .vbp, (.dll must not be in this directory for this case), then start then plugin project in VB6 and then start TC. In any case I can't achieve to get developed plugin in TC - no plugin icons and/or menus can be seen.
Could pls somebody take me advice, what should be done (some setting in TC/VB6, installing/update some library etc.) to be possible to debug (trace, watch variable's content etc.) VB6 plugin in TC?

Many thanks

* July 01, 2015, 12:08:24 PM
Hello
I use vb6 with TC2015-32 bit on Win7-64bit.
the .dll debugging doesn't work here either.
I do the following workaround:
create the code as .exe. In this mode the debugging works (watch variable's content etc.)
or
use TC15 with vba within TC
when I´m satisfied with my code, then I copy it into the .dll – vbp and create the .dll. copy this  .dll into the TC\draggers folder and restart TC.
regards
Bernd