TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Copying from one file to another
Read 2582 times
* December 16, 2009, 01:54:54 PM
I've been working on this project for about four moths now. I have go to the finial checking on each individual part, nearly 200 items. These were originally copied and pasted from the main file into separate working files. Now they have been modified and check I am attempting to copy and paste them back into the main file. Each attempt so far has resulted in the program crashing. this has happened on numerous occasions.
I have tried pulling them into the library, I have tried extracting them a file. I have not mastered using external refs. but from tests this does not allow the imported 'block' to be modified.

Does anyone have any ideas!

working with TC 16.2
on both home PC Gateway 2.8 GHz duel core, 2.49 GB RAM
and works this is specially made duel core with 2G plus RAM

* January 01, 2010, 11:57:12 AM
Hi Clockman,  I was trying to do the same and foud that I have to insert the whole file. in order to modify it.  So, I do a save as (different name) them clear everything but what I need and insert that. hope that helps.  BTW it will insert at the sam grid location so you may want to move it first.

Al

* January 02, 2010, 03:40:12 PM
I find that inserting works more reliably for me than copy/pasting, too.  But you don't have to delete everything else to isolate parts of a file and save them independently.  Select the parts that you do want and check "selection only" in the bottom right hand of the "save as" dialogue box.

* January 03, 2010, 12:25:39 PM
Thanks for the help. Ended up inserting whole file as you recommended.
I have been intouch with TC direct.
From an email received from them.
"this is an issue/bug with TurboCAD
As a workaround I would suggest that you explode the objects having Part Tree information to ACIS Solid ones and then check if the problem shows up.

This issue/bug has been passed on to the developers to be looked at and hopefully fixed but this may not be for TurboCAD 16 but for TC 17."

All I can say is the chaps at TC were very helpful just before the holidays. :)

* January 05, 2010, 04:54:50 PM
I find that inserting works more reliably for me than copy/pasting, too.  But you don't have to delete everything else to isolate parts of a file and save them independently.  Select the parts that you do want and check "selection only" in the bottom right hand of the "save as" dialogue box.

Thanks Murray I'll try that