TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

G52 Repeated Parts
Read 4312 times
* December 15, 2009, 09:44:37 PM
Does the CAM plug-in support making copies of the same part using the G52 gcode?

Another question. Say I have a rectangle that I want to do path milling is there a way to set the path to the inside or outside of the rectangle? I don't need a pocket or an island just one cut but I can't seem to find a way to get it to offset to the inside or outside.

Thanks,
Eric

* December 15, 2009, 10:55:06 PM
Hi Eric

I couldn't find G52 or any other way to copy G-Code. In the very rare occasions that I need to mill a pattern I simply copy the items with one of the copy tools and than create a tool-path for every contour one by one. If you want to use G52 you might save the code as text and than manually edit the code or maybe you could edit the  code on your machine - I know thats not what you've been looking for...

The "Chain-Offset Milling" tool is what you are looking for. However, for precise milling I create a contour using the "Path Milling" tool and manually insert G41 / G42 code into the text file before transferring the code to the machine.

Hoe this helps a little
Kurt

Kurt Zingg
TurboCAD Pro 6.2 - 16.2 Mec, TC-CAM 3.5

* December 15, 2009, 11:17:45 PM
Kurt,

That helps.

It would be nice if IMSI would update the CAM plug-in to have some new features like G52. We can hope.

Eric

January 11, 2010, 07:58:33 AM
Kurt,

That helps.

It would be nice if IMSI would update the CAM plug-in to have some new features like G52. We can hope.

Eric

I know the IMSI guys read this forum What amazes me is that & have made post similar to this, requesting a possible update to the plug-in or whether or not there is any ongoing development of this product & there is never a response. If the plug-in is not being developed any more it would be nice to know. I use this program daily. I would really like to see a few changes, such as the g52. I am building an addition to the end of my 4 x 8 CNC router that will have a rotary head on it to cut some feed screws for equipment at my plant. I have talked about this for a while now. Even in this poor economy, the plant I work at has been expanding. I have been so busy the last 9 months I have not been able to tackle the the feed screw project. But I will try this very soon. I just need to finish my building my rotary axis.

The problem here is that I will have to go outside to another CAM software to accomplish this my goal. Truly I would like to stay within the confines of TurboCAD/CAM. The product I will try first is MeshCAM http://www.grzsoftware.com/.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||