TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

animated flame
Read 1570 times
* June 02, 2015, 03:56:02 PM
Was writing a little example of using custom code to animate profiles in a compound profile loft - and got a bit carried away.
Nothing fancy with the code its just a few If - then statements to change variables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPJp7cwkUVE

June 02, 2015, 05:04:37 PM

* June 22, 2015, 04:23:44 AM
Cool

TC V20.2
TC V2015 pro
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM

June 22, 2015, 04:30:22 AM

Yes, very nice work Andy.
Any chance, however basic the programming, of seeing how it's done?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* June 22, 2015, 07:49:56 AM
Thanks Ralf and Tim.

Tim - I've attached the file in TC V21 format, and added a few comments to the custom code, some of it is just restricting movement as the first time I did it, the flame ended up outside the glass dome  ???

The code just randomly manipulate four of the six circles used for the compound profile of a loft, and alters the intensity of a luminance (assigned to the wick) between two values, one of the circles also has an x/2 just to give some extra variation.

Ignore the 'slashes' in the code - I just usually put them in any code so I can easily see where the notes are, the only odd thing is the light on the wall, which isn't really supposed to look like a circular pattern, it's just the way AnimationLab produced the AVI, and I didn't bother trying to find out why.

Don't laugh too loud at my flame wrapping image (attached). I decided it didn't need to be accurate, just needed a separation between blue lower area and yellow/white upper.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:57:31 AM by Andy H »

* June 22, 2015, 11:48:41 AM
Brilliant work, Andy and thanks for sharing. I'll have a look. Those rings of light usually appear at low light levels and low resolution. Redsdk is a little better but you're talking really long render times with high sample counts and many other adjustments.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

June 22, 2015, 01:59:19 PM
Andy,

thanks for posting - always helpful, for anyone wanting to dabble with Animation Lab.
And, it works!  Just needed to reassign the material path to new flame.jpg location.  :)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.