TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

animated flame
Read 1978 times
* June 02, 2015, 03:56:02 PM
Was writing a little example of using custom code to animate profiles in a compound profile loft - and got a bit carried away.
Nothing fancy with the code its just a few If - then statements to change variables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPJp7cwkUVE

June 02, 2015, 05:04:37 PM

* June 22, 2015, 04:23:44 AM
Cool

TCV3.1 V12, V14, V18, V20, 2015,2017
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM

June 22, 2015, 04:30:22 AM

Yes, very nice work Andy.
Any chance, however basic the programming, of seeing how it's done?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016 - 64-bit versions.

* June 22, 2015, 07:49:56 AM
Thanks Ralf and Tim.

Tim - I've attached the file in TC V21 format, and added a few comments to the custom code, some of it is just restricting movement as the first time I did it, the flame ended up outside the glass dome  ???

The code just randomly manipulate four of the six circles used for the compound profile of a loft, and alters the intensity of a luminance (assigned to the wick) between two values, one of the circles also has an x/2 just to give some extra variation.

Ignore the 'slashes' in the code - I just usually put them in any code so I can easily see where the notes are, the only odd thing is the light on the wall, which isn't really supposed to look like a circular pattern, it's just the way AnimationLab produced the AVI, and I didn't bother trying to find out why.

Don't laugh too loud at my flame wrapping image (attached). I decided it didn't need to be accurate, just needed a separation between blue lower area and yellow/white upper.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:57:31 AM by Andy H »

* June 22, 2015, 11:48:41 AM
Brilliant work, Andy and thanks for sharing. I'll have a look. Those rings of light usually appear at low light levels and low resolution. Redsdk is a little better but you're talking really long render times with high sample counts and many other adjustments.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

June 22, 2015, 01:59:19 PM
Andy,

thanks for posting - always helpful, for anyone wanting to dabble with Animation Lab.
And, it works!  Just needed to reassign the material path to new flame.jpg location.  :)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016 - 64-bit versions.