TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

long load time
Read 4043 times
* December 15, 2009, 08:27:32 AM
I have a tc file that is 63,000KB.  a good number of blocks show up in the pallet but I am not sure if they are all being used.  Id there a way I can easily sort them out in 15.2 pro.

Thanks
Greg Boheman
Camp Courageous of Iowa

Greg Boheman
version 17.2 Plat.
on Mac book Pro

* December 16, 2009, 05:02:41 AM
Hi Greg,

63Mb sounds like a huge CAD file! What have you drawn?

There isn't any way of purging 'extra' blocks. You'll need to do it manually.

Re file size, do you have edit history turned on? (Options-ACIS) That'll ramp up file size much quicker than otherwise. I don't know of a way to purge old and unwanted edit history either.

davedbk

David Knowling
Windows 7 Pro 64, TC16.2.54.0

* December 16, 2009, 06:50:12 AM
I do not have edit history turned on.  I have a previous version (very few changes ) and it is about 34,000KB.  I am sending a link to where it can be grabbed from to look at when I get to the office.

Thanks

Greg Boheman
version 17.2 Plat.
on Mac book Pro

* December 16, 2009, 06:52:50 AM
Copy and paste this link to grab the file if you want.

http://files.me.com/gboheman/ludxt5

Thanks
Greg Boheman

Greg Boheman
version 17.2 Plat.
on Mac book Pro

* December 16, 2009, 08:40:37 AM
Can it be save as dwg.file and in 2000 version and posted ?lets see how acts that way,maybe it can be pin pointed..file that large is almost equivalent to the size of software.If possible it should be zip.up.I stop the download process because it was taking to long in process.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

December 16, 2009, 09:33:47 AM
Copy and paste this link to grab the file if you want.

http://files.me.com/gboheman/ludxt5

Thanks
Greg Boheman

Hi Greg,

I loaded and viewed your drawing from within TC 16.2.  It took less than a minute.  Didn't time it particularly.  This seems reasonable for the size of drawing.  TC did mention not being able to find several bitmap files, which are not available on my machine.

Otherwise, it looks fine - rather a large development area!

I see 72 blocks listed, again, this is not excessive. You would need to go through these, one-at-a-time, to find any debris!

It might help to split the drawing into component parts, using xrefs to build the final images, as required.

Hope this helps.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* December 16, 2009, 10:03:54 AM
Wd- here is the dwg version link, still rather large.  http://files.me.com/gboheman/1b7di9  I tried to zip the tcw version but didn't gain much.  http://files.me.com/gboheman/9c6w6k

Tim- thanks for looking at it.  It is the development I am responsible for regarding all new construction and maintenance.

When I went back a few revision, basically it removes some of the utility lines and a couple of building plans it drops to 6,000 KB.

Not finding the bitmaps could be related to some of the items I brought in as 3d blocks.

Thanks
Greg Boheman

Greg Boheman
version 17.2 Plat.
on Mac book Pro

* December 16, 2009, 03:54:51 PM
Hi Greg

Well I download your dwg. file it came in very quick it was only less than minute of download time and at 10.6 MB.The file thin down made the a difference and all 5 pages came in clean and open it in Autocad however the TCW.zip file came in slow at 48.9 MB file size. it was going over 6 minutes at that point I gave up on.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 03:59:34 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

* December 16, 2009, 06:25:38 PM
Thanks wd.  I copied everything into a new tc drawing and the size shrunk way down even with the photos.  Did you try to save the dwg as a tc and if so what was the file size.
Problem is I cant get the photo to copy over correctly

Thanks
Greg Boheman

Greg Boheman
version 17.2 Plat.
on Mac book Pro

* December 16, 2009, 11:10:34 PM
Greg

"Did you try to save the dwg as a tc and if so what was the file size."
It came out to be 1.59 MB.When I brought into TC Modelsapce came in and page 5 was the only one out of the paperspace items that came in the others didn't come in.So some file where lost in the process,Than I did a copy and paste with the dwg file and it did the same thing as I chose the Extract command from File Menu.With the same results.If you have solids in your file they will consume more file capacity.Another choice would be different file output instead of tcw.And as another workaround feature turn your 3d models in to surface models.It help cut back on file size.I done this with my models and zip them up for download efficiency so the receiver doesn't have large file to contend with.