TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

programming tools
Read 4273 times
* December 12, 2009, 07:26:21 AM
Dear all.
Is there a programming tool in TurboCAD Professional v10.5 except internal VBA
and external compilers?
SDK sounds like tools are already in TurboCAD, but I could find only samples.

Thank you in advance.

* December 15, 2009, 01:07:11 PM
I'm not quite sure what you are asking for. Can you give an example of what you mean?

* December 15, 2009, 04:36:39 PM
SDK means software development kit. As I understand it means a set of programming tools. It means that turbocad should have such a set of tools.
All I could I find in turbocad was VBA. I expected to find tools for other languages than VB and tools for programming sample projects provided with
turbocad but could not find any. Are they supposed to be there or should I
use my own programming tools?

* December 16, 2009, 08:59:27 AM
I think you have misunderstood the scope of the SDK.

The SDK does not provide you with the compilers or development environments for programming languages. The SDK merely provides you with information about TurboCADs programming interface to help you use those programming languages to create add-ons and utilities for TurboCAD. It also provides a variety of sample projects to illustrate some of uses that are possible.

So yes, aside from the VBA which is built-in, you will need to provide your own copy of Visual Basic, Visual C++, Delphi, or whatever other programming tools you wish to use.