TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

"no filter match" error message in TurboCAD Deluxe 19
Read 1430 times
* March 14, 2015, 08:37:34 AM
I'm new to using TurboCAD, but have used AutoCAD before. My boss is trying to send me a drawing from his TurboCAD 21 and I have TurboCAD Deluxe 19. He saved the file as a version 19 TCW file and I'm still getting the "No filter matching file found" message. How do you fix this?

Also, is there a way to turn off the 3D rotate in model space and be able to grab the drawing and move it around to view different parts without it changing to a 3D view?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

* March 14, 2015, 09:20:58 AM
I lean towards thinking that your boss didn't save to V19 correctly, or sent you the wrong file.
It's good practice to add the version-# to file name when Saving As... an earlier version (before the .tcw extension).

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 14, 2015, 10:42:17 AM
Also, is there a way to turn off the 3D rotate in model space and be able to grab the drawing and move it around to view different parts without it changing to a 3D view?

RE:  "... be able to grab the drawing and move it around"

Do you mean like a Pan?

There is a "Dynamic Pan" Command that works pretty good.  In most version-19 Workspace configurations (User Interface configurations) I believe that is done by holding down the Ctrl & Shift keys simultaneously, while also holding down the mouse-wheel, and move the mouse around.
    With my wireless Microsoft mouse-- which is know to have issues with the mouse-wheel Commands, in TurboCAD-- I have to hold down the Ctrl & Shift keys and hold down the mouse's right-click button and move the mouse around.  Works pretty well, actually.

But to be honest, I usually just Zoom Extents and then use the Zoom Window (like a marquee-zoom), and/or Zoom in [or out] about the cursor (using the + or - keys on your numerical-keypad, will zoom in or out wherever your cursor is-- also works pretty well).

There is also the Aerial View feature.  With this feature/Command, a secondary mini-window opens within your TurboCAD drawing-space and you work within that mini-window to navigate around in the main drawing-space window.  A little counter-intuitive to use.

~Alvin
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:56:31 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)