TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

TurboCAD 2015 New & Improved Features
Read 5582 times
February 25, 2015, 05:52:57 AM
Looks like TurboCAD 2015 is available. Here is a poster I created for the occasion.

http://www.turbocad.com/TurboCAD/TurboCAD-Windows
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:55:25 AM by Don Cheke »

February 25, 2015, 05:57:57 AM
Love it Don  :)

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* February 25, 2015, 07:18:10 AM
Very nice render Don, and thanks for the feature listing.

* February 25, 2015, 10:04:07 AM
Very nice work Don.

Ray
12.5 Pro
16 Deluxe
Windows Vista 64 bit NOW Windows 10
 and Trial of 2018 Pro

* February 25, 2015, 01:44:01 PM
Nice work, Don
And I see you have the caveat about Lightworks available only as a plug in. Some of us found this as a surprise.

TC 21 Deluxe, TC 20 Platinum, TC 2015 Platinum, TC 2016 Platinum, TC 2017 Platinum
i7- 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, 16G Crucial Ballistic, ASRock Extreme 4, EVGA 1060 SSC, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

* February 25, 2015, 02:00:10 PM
Very Nicely Done Don! :)

And a BIG THANKS to you and the entire beta crew for your efforts this year!  Its inspiring to work with such a class bunch.

* February 26, 2015, 06:04:19 PM
Looks like TurboCAD 2015 is available. Here is a poster I created for the occasion.

Excellent Don,

One direct question...would you be able to create that excellent render without Lightworks and using Redsk only.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

February 26, 2015, 07:28:05 PM

Excellent Don,

One direct question...would you be able to create that excellent render without Lightworks and using Redsk only.

Hi Don,

Honest answer - maybe - with quite a bit of experimenting?

I have been doing some experimenting while writing a new tutorial (Mini Vise) and have started to come to grips with RedSDK. I think that there will be many shortcomings with RedSDK but there is still reason to think that the change might be okay in the long run - as long as the developers and programmers continue to tweak and expand.

There have been a couple beta testers (Darrel & Dean) who have been tirelessly trying to get a handle on RedSDK, spending more hours than you can imagine (many of them on the edge of insanity due to frustration). They have been sharing their discoveries with the rest of us and that has been a great help. It is with this dedication and their willingness to share that will make the difference for all users - as this info filters down through help on the forum and in upcoming tutorials. Other beta testers have been plenty helpful as well, but Darrel and Dean deserve much recognition in this.

The beta tester were furious with the removal of LightWorks, but one of the programmers graciously explained that the LightWorks model is changing (possibly to a stand-alone system like KeyShot) so the change was going to be inevitable at some point anyway. In addition to that, TurboCAD, in an effort to keep up with changes in programming, needed a new engine. RedSDK allows those advances to proceed. Change is never easy, but it is necessary. Hearing why from the programmer made the change a bit easier to swallow. But it is still change and we will have to adapt.

I usually don't give any hints about what is coming tutorial wise, but like I said a mini vise tutorial is well in the works. I have attached a couple preview images that show two versions of output that will be looked at during the tutorial.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:30:08 PM by Don Cheke »

March 01, 2015, 12:11:22 PM
Thanks for the compliments and appreciation Don.  :)

I hope users will begin to understand and start to use RedSDK. Yes there are a few bugs that need to be sorted out but the following points will help to reduce problems:

1) When rendering using the Photorealistic modes reduce your TurboCAD window as this will enable you to quickly see results and tweak your settings until you are happy to create a larger image.
2) Let a RedSDK render finish as their appears to be a problem sometimes where RedSDK continues rendering in the background and TC gets sluggish.
3) Say in a render mode (not wireframe I usually stay in RedSDK hidden line) when making changes to RedSDK materials, Luminance's, Render settings etc.
4) Save your work often.
5) Some material changes can take a few seconds to update especially Architectural Walls. Wait a few seconds before jumping into a Quality Render Mode as if you don't TC can crash or render them black (no material).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:13:06 PM by Darrel Durose »

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* March 02, 2015, 07:02:31 AM

Excellent Don,

Hi Don,

Honest answer - maybe - with quite a bit of experimenting?

I have been doing some experimenting while writing a new tutorial (Mini Vise) and have started to come to grips with RedSDK. I think that there will be many shortcomings with RedSDK but there is still reason to think that the change might be okay in the long run - as long as the developers and programmers continue to tweak and expand.

There have been a couple beta testers (Darrel & Dean) who have been tirelessly trying to get a handle on RedSDK, spending more hours than you can imagine (many of them on the edge of insanity due to frustration). They have been sharing their discoveries with the rest of us and that has been a great help. It is with this dedication and their willingness to share that will make the difference for all users - as this info filters down through help on the forum and in upcoming tutorials. Other beta testers have been plenty helpful as well, but Darrel and Dean deserve much recognition in this.

The beta tester were furious with the removal of LightWorks, but one of the programmers graciously explained that the LightWorks model is changing (possibly to a stand-alone system like KeyShot) so the change was going to be inevitable at some point anyway. In addition to that, TurboCAD, in an effort to keep up with changes in programming, needed a new engine. RedSDK allows those advances to proceed. Change is never easy, but it is necessary. Hearing why from the programmer made the change a bit easier to swallow. But it is still change and we will have to adapt.

I usually don't give any hints about what is coming tutorial wise, but like I said a mini vise tutorial is well in the works. I have attached a couple preview images that show two versions of output that will be looked at during the tutorial.

Thanks Don, (love the Vise! )but I was only trying my best to follow in your footsteps. Your dedication and masterful craftsmanship with Turbocad has paved the way for many of us!
Attached is a simple drawing only to display the new “caustics” (light reflecting on a curved surface) using a Redsdk Global illumination render. It’s not easy! . >Still testing<. The caustics is created (generated from) the ring not from reflecting off the wood but that also be achieved. For this test the caustics was disabled on the wood. The wood is reflecting only the ring.
 :)Thanks to Torfinn for the"magic light"
Turbo 2015 64 bit platinum
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:04:07 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

March 04, 2015, 11:27:54 PM
I decided not to get the Lightwave plugin when I upgraded to TC 2015.  I haven't installed it, yet, but I am hoping that the RedSDK works better with my graphics card than does V21.

Excellent renders on the vise, BTW.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

March 05, 2015, 04:52:34 PM
I'm having some of the problems I read about in the notes.  I opened a file I had been working on in V21 and it would not Examine.  When the near-infinite loop ended (took the better part of 5 minutes to finish, which is nearly an eternity in computer terms), I had two different views of the same object on the screen (different rotation angles), displayed in two different methods (Quality render and something similar to a messy Hidden Line), with extra junk added on the screen.

I had to kill TC in Windows Performance Monitor.

Also, when I load one file created in V21 and try to save it, TC crashes immediately.  Will have to experiment on other files, but this is very aggravating.

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:54:36 AM by Jeffin90620 »

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

March 06, 2015, 08:47:11 PM
Don, gorgeous work as always. This Lightworks - RedSDK thing is an unwelcome, unexpected change; having to learn newly how to use the tool I've gotten so familiar with, is frustrating. And unless I want to change CAD entirely, apparently inevitable. That being said though, comparing the two vice renderings, the RD version has softer tones, and a smoother feeling. Like in the area on the outer jaw where the threads come through, the reflection seems "richer", maybe there's an expanded greyscale? Dunno, but I see RedSDK can be made to dance.
Anyway, thanks for continuing to source upcoming generations of TCAD users like myself.
SG

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000