TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

What about Python
Read 1961 times
* February 22, 2015, 06:44:14 AM
I have books on Ruby programming, but I wonder if any has tried Python. I just got a book for beginners. I think it might be better to learn Python first, then Ruby.

TC 2017 Plat. x32 / x64 (LightWorks)
Win 10 Pro 64.
i7-3770 16 GB. Ram.
Nivda GeForce GTX 970 4 GB.

February 24, 2015, 08:58:45 AM
I have books on Ruby programming, but I wonder if any has tried Python. I just got a book for beginners. I think it might be better to learn Python first, then Ruby.

Hi Ken,

please be clear.  :-\

Did you just get a book on Python, after already having books on Ruby?
What makes you think one is better than the other, to learn first, for use with TurboCAD?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* February 24, 2015, 04:10:43 PM
Hi Tim, I already had the book's on Ruby, which I bought for TC and Sketchup. I got Python because of other programs, and I was wondering if it could be used with TC.

Win 10 Pro 64.
i7-3770 16 GB. Ram.

March 02, 2015, 05:56:59 AM
Ken,

you could use most any language with TC, if, you are proficient and know what you are doing.
Usually, it boils down to personal preference and usability.  My programming background is Basic and Pascal (Delphi).
I have briefly studied Ruby and can see no reason why you should not successfully learn to use this.
Most languages have many similarities, which is inevitable, given the requirement to do the same things.
Give each a try and see which you prefer - it's as simple as that!
There is plenty of support for whichever one you may choose.

Regards Tim

* March 06, 2015, 11:09:34 AM
Thanks Tim, I really have no preference on an language. But will work on both. I did noticed that there seems to be less typing with Ruby.

Win 10 Pro 64.
i7-3770 16 GB. Ram.

March 07, 2015, 11:37:21 AM
Thanks Tim, I really have no preference on an language. But will work on both. I did noticed that there seems to be less typing with Ruby.

Well, that's at least one positive vote for Ruby!

Have fun.

Regards Tim