TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

1/4 turn stairs
Read 4171 times
* November 29, 2009, 09:24:15 PM
anyone had any luck with this?  I can make the 1/4 landing stairs work nicely, but the 1/4 turn do not work like the help files show.  Every time I try to make the corner the stairs treads start to angle from the first to the last,   
in the help it shows nice straight stairs till the corner then 2 pie shaped ones then straight again.  I cannot for get them to work, have tried snaping to more points and less with luck.  I would think those in the help files should be 5 clicks.  first 2 for width then on for each turn, then one for end and hit finish.

Reg

Reg
Pro Platinum 2017(current)
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19
TC pro 16.2 Architectural
Win 10 64 bit  16g DDR3 Intel i7 quad core

* November 30, 2009, 09:23:40 AM
No luck here, either -- not in v16 or v15 or v14.

Henry H

* January 12, 2010, 07:37:16 AM
I managed to do it but by drawing the quarter turn separately and adding a straight stair on to it. Tricky but it gets the image in page524 of the help pdf.  The turn seems to be based on the spiral. In France there is an old system of builiding stairs called balancing, the result is similar to the actual quarter turn tool.  So the programmers were cheating?

User since TC3 in France
Saint Helier, capital of Jersey
Monk in the 4th century AD

* February 20, 2010, 05:17:15 AM
I had the same problem and contacted Technical support and this is their response.
I’ve discussed the issue with TurboCAD developers and it was discovered that there is an error in the TurboCAD Help File. Actually TurboCAD can’t create 1/4 turn Stair shown in the “Multi Landing Stair” section. It’s not a defect of TC, because TurboCAD draws Multi Landing Stairs in the same way as AutoCAD. However AutoCAD has more Multi Landing Stairs properties and more capabilities.
To create a 1/4 turn stair you wanted you can combine 2 stairs – 1/4 landing and 1/4 turn.

Ksenia Novitskaya
IMSIDesign Technical Support

Looks like combining 2 stairs is the only way to do it.

* February 20, 2010, 09:46:40 PM
so why not do it better then autocad?

Reg
Pro Platinum 2017(current)
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19
TC pro 16.2 Architectural
Win 10 64 bit  16g DDR3 Intel i7 quad core