TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Just instaled TCD19PLAT, Need Help
Read 1748 times
* February 07, 2014, 03:45:57 PM
1-It´s showing on top right  an transparent msg: user time (ms), red engine time (ms) and fps 
how to get a rid of it? i do not need to know any time.  (what is it for?) (see picture attached)

2-the extrudes keep appearing with 14 sides and not smooth how to make is with 80 and smooth automatically?
 i can´t find that options on setup ACIS

3-why my extrudes are not solid,always surface, how to change that to alway be solid?

4-there is a msg that my aero drive is not compatible to install a driver with one number less
will not  spoil my system? (see picture attached)

5-why constructions are not infinite (see picture)

* February 07, 2014, 05:17:45 PM
I guess the first this is - do you want to use RedSDK mode, this can increase speed in come cases, Me I don't use it so can't advise on the positive / negatives.

1) this is part of the RedSDK function go to options menu/native draw and uncheck disply FPS, see these pages on more about RedSDK
http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=Options+Native+Draw
http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=RedSDK

2 & 3) right click on a tool icon (for example extrude) select properties, and under '3D' select solid, further extrudes should now appear solid not surface.

4) Aero theme - see first fine above

5), Have you selected a ray instead of construction by any chance, rays go from a point and are under the construction flyout.

Me - I use GDI mode (options/native draw) rather than RedSDK as there is no need for compatible drivers, and it works fine for me same as TC always did, but others like RedSDK.

Andy

* February 07, 2014, 05:27:49 PM
"1-It´s showing on top right  an transparent msg: user time (ms), red engine time (ms) and fps
how to get a rid of it? i do not need to know any time.  (what is it for?) (see picture attached)"

Go to Options>Native Draw and UNcheck "Display FPS."

"2-the extrudes keep appearing with 14 sides and not smooth how to make is with 80 and smooth automatically?
 i can´t find that options on setup ACIS"

After selecting the Extrude tool, right-click in the drawing and select "Properties." Click "3D" in the left-hand panel and then select "Solid" under "Create 3D Object As."

"3-why my extrudes are not solid,always surface, how to change that to alway be solid?"

See answer to the previous question.

"4-there is a msg that my aero drive is not compatible to install a driver with one number less
will not  spoil my system? (see picture attached)"

I don't use Redsdk mode at all, 'cuz IMO its problems outweigh its advantages. To turn it off, go to Options>Native Draw and select "GDI." (I'd also suggest leaving "Flicker free draw" UNchecked for starters. You can always enable it later if you wish.)

"5-why constructions are not infinite (see picture)"

Construction Rays are supposed to extend to infinity in one direction from the starting point and Construction Lines are supposed to extend infinitely far in both directions. I really don't know why the Y axis in your "Capture3" has a strictly finite length if it's really a Construction.

Henry H

* February 07, 2014, 05:34:47 PM
#5 - see the "Regeneration" section of the Native Draw page. Some stuff may not look right unless you Refresh (F5) or set the Automatic Regeneration properties. Circles look like polygons, $Construction & Grid lines may not show completely when zooming out.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* February 07, 2014, 06:24:36 PM
ok thanks

* January 16, 2015, 01:48:42 PM

I don't use Redsdk mode at all, 'cuz IMO its problems outweigh its advantages. To turn it off, go to Options>Native Draw and select "GDI." (I'd also suggest leaving "Flicker free draw" UNchecked for starters. You can always enable it later if you wish.)

Henry H

Thanks Henry! You just solved some of my headaches in upgrading from TC Pro 9 to TC Pro 19. Redsdk appears to be something I don't want. Now my construction lines are 'usable' again, extending on forever.

:)