TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Tutbocadcam help
Read 3974 times
* November 26, 2009, 01:02:47 PM
Hi to all
Is it possible to get a TCAD/CAM help document the same quality as the TCAD help ? I can hardly fugue out the writing in the TCAD/CAM help.  >:(
The TCAD/CAM CD is also of pore quality, can hardly make out what the guy is saying, pure telephone line.
I am trying to set up my machine, a KX3 CNC Mill running under Mac3 to go together with TCAD/CAM. I am getting better but have problem of how to raise the z-axe an amount (say 5mm) from a x/y point to a new one.
If any is interested in my new machine setup for my KX3 CNC Mill/Mac3 I will gladly give you it. :)
Regards
Johannes

* November 26, 2009, 02:06:42 PM
The 3 Screen shots are how you want to clear the tool from the work piece.You can change to higher amount if desire .I don't know which machining procedure you're using. If this isn't what you're after send some screen shots.I'll try to aid you if I can.Check back later for help manual. I got to go digging in my archives and do a search and manually scan my file library of cam related documents. If I'm lucky to have it.

W.D.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 08:24:59 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* November 28, 2009, 12:33:52 PM
Thanks for your reply, it did help. Wat I really is after,- I initially set the zero x,y and z axis and want to start cutting the tool is scratching the workpiece. It could have been an automatic small raising of the tool until it get working. But I suppose it is small issue sins if I rise the tool after zeroing everything works fine.
The TCAD/CAM seems to be a powerfull and usefull softwere, pity the documentation is so pure. I look very much forward  to your tutorials as I believe it is more to the program than I have discowered so fare.
Johannes 

* November 28, 2009, 01:31:55 PM
Hi Johannes 

After a search in my Library of files I was unable  to come up with any solid useful documentation.But the best thing I can find is the manual of Cam in PDF.format and was back in the day when IMSI  incorporated TC and the plug-in together which was TCC Ver.3 maybe some day they'll make a Ver.4 this would clear up a lot issues over time and future for the end user.If you look toward the end there is Tutorials that aid you in your programming.It hasn't change over time and still be useful.Click on attachment below.It will take a little time to down load just hang in there. 8) Just keep in mind I work in Imperial.You may be working in metric so the setting will be different for future reference.

W.D.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:51:53 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* November 29, 2009, 02:03:43 AM
Hi

Tanks a lot. Your attachment is way better than the CAM help file. I to hope that IMSI will make up a up to date manual. Yes I am working in metric and can adjust for that.

Johannes

November 29, 2009, 07:56:41 AM
Thanks W.D. for this help file.

Marc,

greetings from belgium (Pajottenland)
WIN 8.1/10 - x64
- TC 9 --> TC 16.2 / 52.0 pro Platinum
- AnimationLab 4.4 - MontageCenter 1.0
- CAM plug-in for v 16