TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Dioramas
Read 3627 times
* November 25, 2009, 11:34:03 PM
Made few pics with Turbo Sketch Studio

W.D.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* November 26, 2009, 03:20:55 AM
Ah, IMSI/Design's SketchUp plugin. It look pretty good. Where's the "calendar"? You can't have a machine shop without a few good pix to look at while the machines are grinding away.  :D

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

November 26, 2009, 03:22:16 PM
Look good W.D.

What is the unit in front of the truck?

* November 26, 2009, 03:51:20 PM
Hi Don
Thanks. Actually its my first crack at with the plug-in.If you really want see some nice renderings click on the forum link John has in the previous thread look in the gallery I got this plug-in really cheap and might be the first build,it has output larger than the free Renditioner. I can make 1024x768 pixels which might be the limit because it kicking smaller and took about 27 minutes to render it.I don't know if makes any real difference in performance if I upgrade but seems quality will look better.Anyway the unit in the front is CNC Lathe with Chip Conveyer and dumpster for metal chips which cleans them from the bottom of the machine than fork lift removes the dumpster and install an empty one.Most machines in the industry has them as stock feature. Some these machine can cost over $100,000.00 U.S. I omitted the mechanical and the wash rooms for smaller file size and left out all the office furniture to aid in faster rendering.

Thanks guys for nice comments
W.D.   :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 04:45:11 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

* November 26, 2009, 05:07:03 PM
Looks you have lots of fun with this WD, I have my IDXrenditioner from yesterday hopefully I find some way to post from time to time.

I didn't know anything about Turbosketch, is this the same as IDX renditioner?

* November 26, 2009, 06:53:54 PM
Hi Stefaan

IMSI offers a free version of the Renditioner which as less features than Turbosketch.It render larger output. I haven't tried IDX version yet but seen some very pleasing and quality images in the IDX renditioner forum. But most of the time I use Turbocad and Autocad.I was just curious about the Turbosketch and was more or less and experiment.I think IMSI doesn't even offer it any more i found at discount software web link for cheap price.IDX Renditioner is best way to go in long run.In my opinion. :)

W.D.

* November 27, 2009, 01:34:16 AM
re: Some these machine can cost over $100,000.00 U.S.

I visited IMSI at the IMTS 2002 show in Chicago. It was amazing how huge some of those machines were; the size of a tractor trailer.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* November 27, 2009, 07:47:41 AM
John:

Yup some of these trade shows are interesting to visit. Back in the 1978 was the last time I went.Maybe its time go to another.That is when manufacturing was booming than. I visited Philadelphia Civic Center where they were held these kind of events which no longer there I think they may have torn it down just like the Spectrum (sports arena ) is slated to come down some time soon.
Usually they have these events all over country but Chicago is where to go to see a larger scale of machinery on display. My former boss went there on few occasions and came back what lot of things talk about.I wouldn't mind going there my self someday.

W.D.

* November 30, 2009, 02:39:05 PM
I can confirm from the earlier part of the thread that TurboSketch Studio was discontinued about 2 years ago.  We replaced it with the IDX-Renditioner line which included a free version and a full version.  The free version supports a maximum render of 640x480 pixels and is single-threading.  The full version provides larger renders, up to 16 megapixel images, and full multi-threading (fun on an 8-core Mac Pro). 

IDX Renditioner provides a lot of quality improvments, better integration with SketchUp, and supports SketchUp v6 and v7 (TSS was v6 only).

On the old site www.turbosketch.net, if you log in and go to the Support tab you are eligible for a free update to an intermediate version of IDX Renditioner that provides 1024 x 768 renders, single threaded.  That free update may not be supported for too much longer.  It checks that you have or had TurboSketch on the system in order to install...  If you have any questions on it the best place to ask would be http://forums.idx-design.com

-- William