TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

adding doors to architectual
Read 2718 times
* November 25, 2009, 05:44:17 PM
is there a way to add door types to architectual drawings .  I paid for the extra arch package but find the few door types pretty basic.  Not sure what real draftsmen do, but I would like to have a few bi-fold doors, and a pocket door would be helpful.  I can draw my own and insert as blocks which works ok but, now that I found this schedule thing and kinda how it works, would be nice to have all the doors show up.  I don't use this program everyday and find I have to spend more time drawing parts to use in my drawing then I should have to for the money I have spent on it.  I know stuff is supposed to work from older versions but they really don't seem to transfer in that well

Reg
Pro Platinum 2017(current)
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19
TC pro 16.2 Architectural
Win 10 64 bit  16g DDR3 Intel i7 quad core

* November 25, 2009, 08:14:51 PM
Hopefully the attached will help.

Don

[attachment deleted by admin]

* November 25, 2009, 09:54:20 PM
do you have a more upgraded version then pro with architecture?  I do not have a variety like that.   really not sure what I got for my money.  support sucks,  sales guys call a lot but can get no reply from any support people at this outfit.

Reg
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19

* November 26, 2009, 12:15:37 AM
do you have a more upgraded version then pro with architecture?  I do not have a variety like that.   really not sure what I got for my money.  support sucks,  sales guys call a lot but can get no reply from any support people at this outfit.

Look in 'Help' at the top of the screen, The Info you're looking is found in 'About Turbocad. '
I'm using 16.2 Pro, Architectural Edition.

Don
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:22:38 AM by Don C Wensrich »

* November 26, 2009, 07:15:14 AM
ok that is what I have as well.  I don't have all those door options.  I paid for it but don't have it.  I contacted my sales guy but that was pretty useless, he said he passed it on to someone else and I get nothing in return.    May have to try a phone call.

Reg
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19

* November 26, 2009, 07:54:58 AM
ok that is what I have as well.  I don't have all those door options.  I paid for it but don't have it.  I contacted my sales guy but that was pretty useless, he said he passed it on to someone else and I get nothing in return.    May have to try a phone call.

One more thought, have you done full install.

Don.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* November 26, 2009, 04:41:57 PM
I thought I did.  do you have to go and check stuff off.   I just installed and wanted everything.  maybe I will run through it all again for the excitement of it.

Reg
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19

* November 26, 2009, 04:59:45 PM
well reinstalled it and no change.  same old few doors.  now that i see how many you have I realize it is worth the money to upgrade to the architcual version.  I paid for it and did not get it.  I think I was ripped off in tc 15 as well.

real nice when I tried to call they are shut down till monday for thanksgiving.

Reg
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19

* November 26, 2009, 07:23:34 PM
well after getting my help files to actually show up, (adobe was not installed properly or something) did some reading.  found out I had to create new styles then change the type of door.  They are all there just kind of hidden.  Anyway thanks for your time and hopefully this may help someone sometime who struggles with stuff like me.

Reg
TC 21 pro platnium
TC pro 19