TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

I absolutley love Turbocad but...
Read 2273 times
* December 10, 2014, 03:50:16 AM
I absolutely love Turbocad. For me its way easier than AutoCAD & Sketchup for modelling buildings for architectural work. I actually don't use any of the architectural features of Turbocad because they don't really offer me enough flexibility. The basic working environment is great for control and accuracy. I also really like the program's setup for presenting in paper space. I find Sketchup terrible for modelling, I always find myself in a muddle when I try.

But in Turbocad, I simply cannot get my renders to look the way I want. I'm sure that it may be possible, but its way too complicated. The process needs to be dumbed down to work for me. So my work flow consists of doing all the modelling and paper space work in Turbocad, but then export the model to Sketchup. I can then work with the environment in a more creative way. I can import the google terrain, and insert various landscape features, like trees etc that are available via the sketchup warehouse etc.

Then I export into a render program called Raylectron which produces really great renders and excellent animations. This works well even though I don't have a very fast PC. I then import the rendered images back into Turbocad and insert them into the paper space presentations.

So my feedback is that Turbocad wins, but for me its not yet a standalone product.

The models that I have attached are simple fairly quick models. A lot more could be done to make them completely real looking.

December 10, 2014, 05:23:15 AM
Beautiful job on these (models and renders)!

* December 11, 2014, 02:52:37 AM
Thanks very much for feedback. Raylectron is very easy to use and doesn't require any special knowledge; and I imagine that it would work with the free version of sketchup, so you could do all your modelling in Turbocad and then export to sketchup etc.

* December 11, 2014, 04:14:03 AM
This is very similar to IMSI Renditioner pro  http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/Renditioner/Renditioner-Pro
I use this with Sketch up , it works great.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:36:49 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

* December 14, 2014, 08:05:09 AM
Hi Bob

I don't think it is possible to go to Raylectron without sketchup. I don't know of any other renderers that can take turbocad files except for Renditioner-pro which Dean mentioned. But I haven't had the opportunity to try Renditioner-pro.