TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Need documentation on TurboCAD- specific classes and methods
Read 2091 times
* November 24, 2014, 11:40:16 PM
Where can I find documentation on TurboCAD-specific classes and methods that are accessible through Ruby.  I am using TC 21 Pro.

Regards,

John

* November 25, 2014, 09:29:29 AM
WillR posted the topic "Ruby Course -- Free" that might be helpful.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 25, 2014, 05:01:30 PM
Thanks John.
I will try this course over the next week or so.

I should have been more specific, however.  I am looking for info on classes/methods that access TurboCAD data structures and commands.  In the Ruby sample script named "TC20_RubyImportXYZPoints.rb",  there are references to tcGr, tcVerts, and a few other classes that access drawing commands and vertices data structures.  I am interested in selecting a set of vertices in a drawing and then exporting their coordinates to a text file.  The Ruby example shows how to import vertices and I want to export (selected) vertices.

Regards,

John

* November 25, 2014, 09:11:50 PM
To start off, I know nothing about Ruby or SDK, but I may be able to point out a few places to look.

They mention in the Using the Ruby Console page of the Help file "You will also want to familiarize yourself with the TurboCAD SDK for a better grasp of TurboCAD's functions". There are 4 Help files (CHM) in the SDK folder that may be what you're looking for: C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP21\SDK\Docs.

Hope this helps.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* November 30, 2014, 10:36:23 PM
Thanks John, the SDK help files had related information.

Regards,
John