TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Staircase problem, TC 21 Plat
Read 1811 times
* November 20, 2014, 01:33:00 AM
 Hi, I am having problems in creating a 3D staircase in the auto stair tool that has a 180 degree winding turn. It just doesn't work for me.

I have attached a simple plan of the staircase in .tcw. I would be very grateful if someone could have a go and see if they are successful....and tell me how they did it.

* November 20, 2014, 02:55:59 AM
First you rigth click on the stair you want, so it opens the property and there you selct if you want  turn or landing, set the other parameters, or you can do it later in Selection info palette.
If you dont have done alredy you should go to Tyle palette/ stair and make a copy/ new style whith the type you want, nose lengt, etc etc before you insert the stair, then you can select that style you have made or change the style later by Selection Info palette.

The wiki have a good example
http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=U-Shaped+Stair

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* November 20, 2014, 04:28:38 AM
Hi Torfinn.

Thanks for that, but this is the problem that I have been having...I have tried your suggestion and other methods but find that Turbocad creates a result that is not practical in the real world.

UK Building Regulations require that tapered steps have a uniform "going". Turbocad creates treads that have different goings, and in my opinion, too many tapers which would make it quite an expensive staircase.

Sorry if I'm missing the point, but I don't think the auto tool can give what I want. Attached is an example in PDF.

Guy

* November 20, 2014, 05:35:40 AM
Hi Guy

TC can't do that as far as i know
Also TC don't draw the stair  stringer ??

In Norway we have the same system, uniform scale along the "walkingline" that is 3 or 400 mm in from the side, don't remember rigth now..
So a workaround in TC is to make 1 3D and 1 2D on different layer's to switch between, depending on your print.

We don't need to draw 100% correct stair, we sort of just indicate what kind of stair and then the law say what's the minimum standard that it should be build after.

The manufacter take care of it if they want it 100% correct, they have special Cad programs for that.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* November 20, 2014, 05:53:47 AM
Thanks Torfinn :)