TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Corrupt palette
Read 1851 times
November 14, 2014, 02:12:50 PM
Can anyone confirm this for me?

Opened a sample file in 32-bit TC Pro. and the palette (in Scenario Script Editor Mode) shows as corrupt.
Opened same sample file in 64-bit version and all is well.

Tried other files with the same result.

I have tried reinstalling 32-bit Animation Lab v5 - but no change.

Any ideas?  Does Animation Lab work with 32-bit TC V21.xx?

Thanks.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

November 14, 2014, 02:33:27 PM
Here's another example using a new file . . .

* November 19, 2014, 08:27:08 AM
Hi Tim,
As far as I know it works in one or the other. Don't install the 64 bit version of Anilab and expect it to work in the 32 bit Turbo cad. Though I have used the 64 bit Anilab in Turbo 64 bit without any issues I use the 32 bit Anilab version, love the Bci sun tool. How did you even get the palette to show up in both?  :)Up to old tricks.
 I'd recommend to un-install all versions of Anilab then install either the 32 bit or 64 bit version.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:34:52 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

November 19, 2014, 09:23:08 AM
Dean,

thanks for the reply.

Both 32-bit and 64-bit are on separate machines.

XP PC runs 32-bit, and, after this showed corrupted palette, I tried running 64-bit under WIN 8.
64-bit version is AnimationLab_5_1_B13_64bit.exe.
32-bit v5 ran fine with XP with TC v19 until I decided to try it under TC v21.

I have reinstalled etc., so it might be something else.  That's why I was asking if anyone had tried 32-bit Anilab with 32-bit XP machine, which I didn't make clear in my original post, . . . . ooops!  :-[

If IMSI are no longer supporting Anilab under 32-bit XP then fine.  I can live with running it under earlier versions if necessary, or not, as the case may be. 

I was just curious, as to why it was misbehaving.

Regards Tim

* November 19, 2014, 09:42:28 AM
Tim,
After you uninstalled Anilab did you delete all of its folders before you re-installed? Sometimes the installer needs a little help. Did you try an older version of Anilab? I think Henry H uses it on XP, maybe give him  a shout.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

November 19, 2014, 02:36:12 PM
Thanks Dean,

yes, I did this, and, redid the un-installing process using Revo Uninstaller Pro.
Result is just the same . . .  :(

I could try an earlier version of Anilab, but I am none too confident this would help, as Anilab has often been updated to match newer versions of TC.
So, it is puzzling that it works with 64-bit but not on my PC with 32-bit.  I have little doubt that it works with 32-bit TC on WIN 8/8.1, but this is an assumption.
Something I haven't tried this yet.

Regards Tim

November 21, 2014, 12:05:38 PM
Well, after querying this with Rip, and trying the latest builds of Animation Lab, it appears that we can either run AniLab - under XP - up to TC v19, or, using later versions of TC, under Win 8.xx.

I installed an earlier version of AniLab v5 on my XP machine and it runs with TC v16 to v19.
I did not try v20 but, using this earlier build crashes v21.
Later builds of Anilab only appear to run under Win 8.xx - 32-bit or 64-bit.

Either way, I can still use my XP PC for a few more years, or, until it keels over and dies!

Regards Tim