TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Fillet
Read 914 times
* November 18, 2014, 09:20:16 AM
You've seen a previous version of this component before. This time the problem is with adding a fillet between the regular section and the two end lofts. I want a 0.250" radius but keep getting a warning "operation unsuccessful". Even smaller  radii get the same response. Your advice please.

* November 18, 2014, 11:30:39 AM
Main problem is that the two end Polyline profiles are not closed. One at a time, click on the Polyline with the Edit tool, right-click to open the Local Menu,  and choose "Close." Delete the existing part, create three new Lofts and 3D-Add them, then apply the Fillet Edges tool. I found that a 0.250" radius is too great for some reason; largest that would work for me was 0.21".

Henry H

* November 18, 2014, 12:22:22 PM
Many thanks, Henry.

I seem to recall having this problem before and so now I always select the polyline profile to check if the entire profile is highlighted or if any of the lines that were separate highlight on their own. How do you establish if the profile is not closed?

* November 18, 2014, 01:56:05 PM
Many thanks, Henry.

I seem to recall having this problem before and so now I always select the polyline profile to check if the entire profile is highlighted or if any of the lines that were separate highlight on their own. How do you establish if the profile is not closed?

Click on the questionable profile with the Edit tool. While it's selected, right-click in the drawing to open the Local Menu. If you see an option to "Close," the profile is not already closed.

Henry H