Author Topic: Turbocad 15 Deluxe 2D/3D  (Read 6823 times)

Bomboclat

Turbocad 15 Deluxe 2D/3D
« on: November 23, 2009, 03:12:32 AM »
How stupid is this! They do not tell you on the box that you can only do limited 3D drawings till you find out after hours of hard drawing  ??? you can not convert these 2D drawings you did into 3D!!!

Don Cheke

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
  • For Comprehensive TurboCAD Tutorials
    • Textual Creations
Re: Turbocad 15 Deluxe 2D/3D
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 07:44:55 AM »
If you can be more specific about the trouble you are having, perhaps someone can offer some suggestions.

wd

• Royal Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:28:49 AM »
If Deluxe is not your fancy.Perhaps travel to TC's website take the trial Pro version out for a spin.There is collection of all kind selections to choose from.Sooner or later if your on there emailing list.There will be upgrade offers at a cheaper values to choose from ;D. The Deluxe is in some similarities is to Autocad LT.Upgrade might help in the long run instead of work arounds and more efficient.
Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

Bomboclat

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 01:57:19 AM »
Hi Don,
Yes I have drawn my project in 2D ortho and can't seem to view or convert it into 3D which I need for my presentations, I've been through all the instructions and even printed out the instruction manual that is on the cd but I don't seem to find any info on how to view and convert to 3D. Do you have any suggestions that might help?

Don Cheke

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
  • For Comprehensive TurboCAD Tutorials
    • Textual Creations
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:05:36 AM »
Hi Don,
Yes I have drawn my project in 2D ortho and can't seem to view or convert it into 3D which I need for my presentations, I've been through all the instructions and even printed out the instruction manual that is on the cd but I don't seem to find any info on how to view and convert to 3D. Do you have any suggestions that might help?

You may want to select one of the Isometric standard views and if the profiles are drawn as closed objects to may be able to extrude them to 3D shapes. Do  you want to post your file so someone can get a better idea of what you are making and perhaps offer other suggestions.

Bomboclat

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 03:28:44 AM »
Hi Don,
Maybe I am asking the wrong question, maybe I should ask, "How do I start my drawings to be able to ether view or convert them to 3D drawings or models. I am fairly new to turbo cad. I did learn quite a lot already but this 3D stuff still beats me. The reason why I bought turbo cad is because of the why they advertise it on the box, and according to that you can almost become a pilot with this paogram, you just need a license.
Regards,
Louis

Henry Hubich

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 07:18:51 AM »
Hi Don,
Maybe I am asking the wrong question, maybe I should ask, "How do I start my drawings to be able to ether view or convert them to 3D drawings or models. I am fairly new to turbo cad. I did learn quite a lot already but this 3D stuff still beats me. The reason why I bought turbo cad is because of the why they advertise it on the box, and according to that you can almost become a pilot with this paogram, you just need a license.
Regards,
Louis

Louis, if you're asking how to convert an old-fashioned 3-view 2-dimensional drawing into a 3D model, it really can't be done -- not even if the drawing was made in TurboCAD. If you need a 3D model, you must create 3D objects. Many kinds of 3D objects, however, are made by extruding, or lofting, or revolving 2D profiles. Other 3D objects, called primitives, can be created directly with the appropriate tools. These include spheres, cones, cylinders, boxes, and more.

The Architectural tools let you create walls and roofs and to add doors and windows. These tools are unique in that you can create 3D objects with them, but the result looks exactly like a traditional 2D drawing when seen in Plan view.

Finally, there are ways to modify and/or combine individual 3D objects to make more complex models.

To learn more about creating 3D objects, I'd suggest that you start by experimenting with the primitives. Then read the Help about extruding, revolving, and lofting. And, as you work with any tool, remember to watch the instructions which appear at the lower left of your screen.

Lotsa luck.

Henry H

Bomboclat

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:47:35 AM »
Hi Henry,
Thanks a mil for the advise and for replying to my post, I will be sure to try out your advise. The bit I did with turbo cad 15 deluxe already made me like the program a lot, so I do think that it is a good program I just need to spend a lot more time with it. At this stage I'm not tring to constuct buildings and houses yet but I am trying my hand at some projects and models that I need to get of the ground.

So if I understand correctly, if i want to create a 3D model I should use a box to draw it in and then try to ether extrude, loft or revolve it. ???

Regards,
Louis

Henry Hubich

• Beta Tester
  • Royal Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »
So if I understand correctly, if i want to create a 3D model I should use a box to draw it in and then try to ether extrude, loft or revolve it. ???

That's not really what I meant, Louis. A Box is just one of the many kinds of 3D "primitive" objects that can be created in TCad. There's no need to make one unless you specifically want such an object in your model.

Open your "Insert" menu, click on "3D Object," and look at the available options. Select one, and then follow the instructions at the bottom left of your screen. (When you're told to "Pick" something, or "Define" something, you're supposed to click someplace in the drawing.)

You might see that many of the Insert|3D Object options are grayed out. Those objects require a 2D profile in order to create them. To experiment with such objects, first draw a simple 2D object such as a rectangle or a circle. Don't forget to watch the instructions at the bottom of your screen.

When you have the opportunity, take a look at the Help file or your manual.

Henry H

Robert

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
Bomboclat- To see readily inserted 3D objects for which you can specify dimensions, go to Options\toolbars and menus on the main toolbar and checkmark 3d objects. The 3D objects toolbar will be present on top of your drawing (or wherever you want to put it).  Then you can pick and place an object and give it dimensions. After you insert one, go to View\Camera and you can pick any view of the object you would like.

Hope this helps.

Bomboclat

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 10:31:29 PM »
Thanks Gays, I will try this.

Bomboclat

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 09:10:50 AM »
Hi Guys,

Ok I managed to draw my project in 3D, but I don't know if I did it the right way. I created a box and draw it in there and extruded all the lines to get my 3D image. I am also faced with another problem I need to add colour to the drawing, and there are some lines that should not be seen when you rotate the drawing but they do. I also saw that when i extrude a line it becomes like a unit, so I don't know how to ether remove or hide that lines so that they will not be seen. Please I need some advice.