TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Turbocad Viewer
Read 6333 times
* October 09, 2014, 07:25:37 AM
I just got a msg about an application called Turbocad Viewer for Android, is it approved
by IMSI people? does it cost anything? for those that has TBCD is it free?

What are the functions it has?  i do not like to install things that are not
tested or guaranteed to work well with good reviews.

* October 09, 2014, 07:46:29 AM
See their TurboApps site for info about TurboViewer and other apps.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

October 09, 2014, 09:14:18 AM
TurboViewer for Android will indeed open TCW files via cloud convert.

http://youtu.be/77DXPZhlHJs

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

October 17, 2014, 05:19:57 AM
I downloaded it and found it would only open dwg files which was a bit pointless for a Turbocad user as you have to remember to convert your drawings to .dwg before saving. Deleted now as couldn't use it. What we need is a .tcw file viewer!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

October 19, 2014, 12:25:20 PM
As previously stated TurboViewer will now open TCW via cloud convert.

I would say %99.9 of drawings people receive are in PDF or DWG. It made sense for these to be the native formats for our TurboApps line of products.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* October 19, 2014, 01:02:11 PM
Hi Rip,
 I've been using Turbo review since it was introduced on my I phone and Ipad.
I can view 2d and 3d .tcw files, works great and has helped me in some situations.
But! I'm finding that Tcad native "Walls" don't make it, there not visible in turbo review. I've tried everything. What does work is to "save as" the .tcw 3d architectural drawing as a U3d file then open that in turbo review, are you aware of this?

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

October 19, 2014, 11:09:56 PM
Yes Rip, you are right, most people convert their drawings to PDF format as do I. I just then view them using a PDF program. So, no use for yet another program which views the PDF and certainly don't want to go through yet another conversion of the drawings online :-(

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

October 20, 2014, 09:17:25 AM
Dean,

Are you using TurboReview v4.0?

While there may be a problem with TC saving walls in 3DPDF correctly as far as i can tell they open up in TurboReview the same as Acrobat.

Could you email me an example?

support@imsidesign.com

Nick,

You should give TurboViewer another try. I think with some of the added markup features and the ability to convert TCW on the fly it may be worth your while.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* November 05, 2014, 02:26:00 AM
If you are bound by NDA's, IP and Confidentiality issues then the Cloud is someone else's computer. Are you covered legally? There are many high profile security issues surrounding third party databases in recent times. It also requiresyou to beconnected to the internet which is not always the case.

The Turboviewer app needs to be able to view TurboCAD drawings if not for its own credibility alone.

Windows 8 64 bit
TurboCAD 19.2 build 54.2
HP Pavillion g6
AMD Quad core graphics

November 05, 2014, 04:11:01 AM
Indeed! you wouldn't find Autodesk creating a viewer that could only open .TCW files would you?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

November 06, 2014, 11:39:23 AM
Unfortunately TCW is not an industry standard and creating a niche product for mobile would make little sense. Unlike our desktop products all of our mobile products use Autodesks True DWG technology.

We can do a much more efficient job converting on the the cloud than we could ever do on a mobile device. As far as security concerns keep in mind that AutoDesk 360 is entirely on the cloud as is almost every other mobile solution. 

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* November 06, 2014, 02:04:24 PM
32-bit 8" x86 Windows 8 tablets are available out of China, HK and Taiwan from less than $150. Your license permits you a backup installation on a supplementary machine as long as it isn't run concurrently.   100% secure, 100% .tcw, 100% TC featured, 100% mobile.  TC isn't the best thing for working on-tab, but such tabs have USB and BT for keyboards and mice if you don't have a digitiser stylus, HDMI, WiDi or Miracast to TV as needed, some even so-called "Retina" resolution, too.  Some even have 3G if you want to make phone calls...