TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

vieuw layer/layerset ??
Read 4167 times
* October 08, 2014, 12:39:40 AM
Trying to use the inspectorbarcommand Vieuw-LayerSet-AlllLayers   nothing happens on the screen'
Inthe design director some layers are in vieuw situation some are not.

The same with Vieuw-Layerset-"name layerset"
The layersetmade before  does not show up.

So the commands do not have a single effect.......????   what"s here the problem  ??

Herman Olthuis
TC18.2 Pro  32 bit  Built 73.1
TC21.2 Pro  64 bit  Built 59.0
Windows7   8GB Home Premium
NVDIA Forceware 260.99

* October 08, 2014, 02:18:10 AM
Do you have other layer sets defined in your drawing?

This is what I do - (others may have a better way of using layersets.)
I will set up the layers I want  for a named layerset.
Then I go to options layers edit layer sets, new,  give the layerset a name.
I go out of the dialogue box and go back into it. choose "all layers" as my current layerset and set all the layers as visible.

Now you should be able to toggle between the different layersets.

Hope this helps

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* October 08, 2014, 09:23:51 AM
Yes I have more layersets defined.
I set them up the same way as you do.

Also  the command:  View----Layerset--- All layers    dus not function

Herman Olthuis
NVDIA Forceware 260.99

* October 08, 2014, 09:36:41 AM
Yes I have more layersets defined.
I set them up the same way as you do.

Also  the command:  View----Layerset--- All layers    dus not function

Please upload/attach the Drawing file so we can be certain all is set up correctly; and so that we can better discuss and help you resolve your issue.

And please upload/attach a screen-capture showing your Layers Palette open, and you accessing Menu Bar|View|Layer Set.

Thanks, Alvin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:39:53 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* October 08, 2014, 09:48:04 AM
Try opening and working with the attached file.

It's from my version-19-Deluxe installation "Samples" folder.  It's Kevin Mendenhall's "Smith Res." Drawing-file.  You might have the same file in your version-18 "Samples" folder.
I saved it as a version-17 file for you and others to be able to open it.

Kevin has Layer Sets set up correctly in this file.  See if you can now access "All Layers" and the other Layer Sets via Menu Bar|View|Layer Set.

-Alvin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:52:31 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* October 08, 2014, 10:37:31 AM
Herewih I sent you the file.

I'll load down your files .

Thanks so far...

Herman Olthuis
NVDIA Forceware 260.99

* October 08, 2014, 10:39:16 AM
Herewih I sent you the file.

I'll load down your files .

Thanks so far...

I'm sorry.  I guess I was not clear.  I meant for you to upload/attach your Drawing File... the file that ends with .tcw.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* October 08, 2014, 11:50:46 AM
I already tried to upload the drawing(TCW-file.

The pop up was that is was not supported but I'll try it again ..!

Herman Olthuis
NVDIA Forceware 260.99

* October 08, 2014, 11:55:50 AM

The file you're looking for.

Herman Olthuis
NVDIA Forceware 260.99

* October 08, 2014, 12:21:42 PM

Okay.

Right off the bat, I see that you have only 5 Layers visible in your Design Director|Layers Palette (the Layers Palette, if opened as a Separate Palette).
You have $Construction Layer and the 0 Layer Unvisible.  (Generally, almost without exception, making the 0 Layer Unvisible or Locked is not a good idea; and there is seldom a reason to make the $Construction Layer Unvisible or Locked).

So, when you click on the "Layer Set" "All Layers", all you are going to get are those 5 Layers that are currently checked Visible.  For now, until you get a better understanding, make all of your Layers Visible in the Layers Palette.
_____
You have one you-created Layer Set: "TriggerUnit".  And this Layer Set has all Layers Visible.
_____
It's pretty clear that a general comprehension on how all this works is lacking.  Maybe read up on Layers Management in your Help documentation.

Attached is your file back, with things set perhaps a little better.  I don't know anything about guns and gun parts, so I took a guess as to what should be in the Layer Set "TriggerUnit".  Because I opened and saved your file in a Deluxe version, the file attached may have "lost" some parts; but you can use it to generally explore the Layers and Layer Sets.

-Alvin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:27:59 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio

* October 08, 2014, 06:38:18 PM
I think its something to do with the layer templates
I don't think you are meant to use both systems in one drawing.
I deleted the templates and the layersets work.
You might want to just use templates and not layer sets
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:41:31 PM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* October 09, 2014, 05:26:17 AM

Okay.

Right off the bat, I see that you have only 5 Layers visible in your Design Director|Layers Palette (the Layers Palette, if opened as a Separate Palette).
You have $Construction Layer and the 0 Layer Unvisible.  (Generally, almost without exception, making the 0 Layer Unvisible or Locked is not a good idea; and there is seldom a reason to make the $Construction Layer Unvisible or Locked).

So, when you click on the "Layer Set" "All Layers", all you are going to get are those 5 Layers that are currently checked Visible.  For now, until you get a better understanding, make all of your Layers Visible in the Layers Palette.
_____
You have one you-created Layer Set: "TriggerUnit".  And this Layer Set has all Layers Visible.
_____
It's pretty clear that a general comprehension on how all this works is lacking.  Maybe read up on Layers Management in your Help documentation.

Attached is your file back, with things set perhaps a little better.  I don't know anything about guns and gun parts, so I took a guess as to what should be in the Layer Set "TriggerUnit".  Because I opened and saved your file in a Deluxe version, the file attached may have "lost" some parts; but you can use it to generally explore the Layers and Layer Sets.

-Alvin

I'm sorry I sent you the drawing as a bit of a mess.
I know that wanting to make layersets the parts that you want to be included in the set have to been set to visible in the design director.

My problem now is ;  I set all layers to visible .   Layers are all unlocked     My next actions;

Format---Layer---Edit Layers----New----"I set a new layers name"

Next I want to mark the parts that I want to include in my layerset.

Next I am unable to mark any part.   

now all layers are visible

Herman Olthuis
NVDIA Forceware 260.99

* October 09, 2014, 08:08:57 AM
I think its something to do with the layer templates
I don't think you are meant to use both systems in one drawing.
I deleted the templates and the layersets work.
You might want to just use templates and not layer sets

How about remplates ??
I am myself not aware of having created templates.

Where can I  find them ??

Herman Olthuis
NVDIA Forceware 260.99

* October 09, 2014, 08:40:55 AM
I'm sorry I sent you the drawing as a bit of a mess.
I know that wanting to make layersets the parts that you want to be included in the set have to been set to visible in the design director.

My problem now is ;  I set all layers to visible .   Layers are all unlocked     My next actions;

Format---Layer---Edit Layers----New----"I set a new layers name"

Next I want to mark the parts that I want to include in my layerset.

Next I am unable to mark any part.

now all layers are visible

RE:  "Next I am unable to mark any part."

Use the "eyeballs" to select which Layers you want Visible in that newly-created/Named Layer Set.  Don't try to click on the Layer Names-- in the first column; click on the "eyeballs" in the third column.

You report "now all layers are visible".  So... now in the [Edit] Layer Sets window, you will be un-clicking the eyeballs of the Layers that you do not want in that particular Layer Set.

____
You could give up on using Layer Sets altogether, but I like using them.  That way, what I am working with in Modelspace corresponds with what I can easily select in Paperspace Viewports (bottom/right of Viewports' Properties/Viewport page).
There is a strong case to be made for using Layers Filters instead of, or in conjunction with, Layer Sets.  But, I would advise against even thinking about that until and if you really get a handle on how all this Layers stuff works.

____
Yes, you inadvertently created a couple of Layers Templates.  You will see them in Design Director.   For your level of drawing... get rid of them.
In Design Director/Layers Palette, expand the Layers Templates section by clicking on the + symbol; right-click on top of the name of the Layers Template (you have two: "Trigger Meganism" and "Layer Template 1"), and select Delete Layers Template.

_____
By the way:  What is your name?  Are you Bill Holmes?  And what version of TurboCAD are you using?

____
If you Post back, seeking further help, please upload/attach your latest TurboCAD Drawing-file (.tcw extension), and let us know exactly what you are trying to achieve (including what Layers you want in the [what Named] Layer Set), and exactly what problem you are running into.

-Alvin
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:55:44 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio

* October 09, 2014, 08:17:52 PM
Templates are similar to layer sets. They are easier to create you might have created one thinking you were creating  a layer set.
They are more powerful then layer sets. You can save them to a file, you can set different properties (such as colour or line type) for layer.

In the layer palette right click and select new layer template. Give it a name. You can change the properties of the template by expanding the template in the layers palette and editing it the same way you normally edit layers.
To activate a template you select the template then the green tick.

To delete a layer set. Select it right click and delete.

For me there are 2 disadvantages of using templates instead of layer sets.
1. You cant activate them in a view port.
2. There isn't a quick way to activate them.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:21:31 PM by nikkipollard »

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* October 10, 2014, 12:50:27 AM
I have been experimenting with your drawing.
I think your problem is that the active template is conflicting with your layer sets.
For layer sets to work properly the "all layer" layer set needs to have all the layers visible in the layer palette.
The active template is the same as the "all layer"  layer set.
Deleting your layer templates and making all the layers visible should get rid of the conflict.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* October 10, 2014, 09:00:03 AM
OK that's it.
Now I have it working perfectly.!!

Everone thanks for his contribution to solve my problem. 

Especilly also Alvin, thanks!

Herman Olthuis
NVDIA Forceware 260.99