TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

tv broadcasting control room
Read 3594 times
November 20, 2009, 10:40:54 PM
Hi everyone.  I've been working with v16 for about 6 months now.  I've been using DesignCAD for over 20 years.  I started working with the rendering first because TCAD reads DCAD drawings perfectly, and I needed to improve the quality of my presentations.  So this model was built in DCAD, and rendered in TCAD.  Since I can still keep producing work in DCAD, I'm just taking my time learning to actually draw in TCAD ! 

The lighting on this one was a "lit appearance" ceiling, with four point luminaires at about 2/3 the ceiling height, two in front, two in the back.  The near lights were empirical 3, the far lights, empirical 5.  I mapped images of the equipment at the right of the front console, and mapped company logos onto the screens.  For the logos, I found it helpful to use photoshop to extend the canvas size around the logo image, and fill the newly-created border with the color of the logo background - this gave me a lot of leeway in positioning the images onscreen.  Hope that was clear.

The rendering engine in one of the main reasons I chose TCAD, and it's fulfilling my expectations !

Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

* November 20, 2009, 11:04:51 PM
Fantastic... would say it all.

Don
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 11:30:39 PM by Don C Wensrich »

* November 21, 2009, 12:50:38 AM
Beautiful work. Nice work with the "Lit Appearance" Reflectance.

I kinda wish my basement looked like that. :D

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

November 21, 2009, 06:55:14 AM
Great job on this Steve. Would it be possible to post a close-up of the large control board. I'd sure like to have a closer cool at that.

* November 21, 2009, 09:42:42 AM
That's outstanding work, Steve.

Henry H

November 21, 2009, 11:33:24 PM
Wow, thanks everybody.  Guess the rendering is as good as I thought !  Much appreciated encouragement - you all know how many hours and re-renders it took to get this.  I just ordered a FirePro v3750, haha, need to speed up all those renders !  Currently takes about 4-1/2 minutes each.  Upgrading from a Quadro FX3400.

Don asked to see the control panels closeup, so here they are.  As you can see, the maps for the lower and upper panels are a little bit off, but they were fine for the room-wide view, I never checked them up close.  The small panel on the stand at the right I did take some time with, since it showed so prominently, and it's pretty much right on.  The mapped objects were boxes drawn to the dimension of the equipment. 

I attached the image map from the small panel to illustrate the extended border/background color.  Haha, it's backwards because I still haven't figured out how to flip the image, so for now it was faster to just flip it in pshop !  The extended background also wrapped around the edges of the box to cover them.

Well, now I'm inspired.  Haha, have to start doing the tutorials  . . . to learn how to actually draw . . . but there's two projects coming up over the next couple of weeks, and there will be new renderings !

Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

* November 23, 2009, 02:59:50 PM
Steve very nice works!

* November 24, 2009, 11:03:00 AM
Great work sgedesigns