TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

x, y and z axis? Vs. A and B?
Read 1055 times
* July 24, 2014, 04:12:49 AM
Hello,
I'm new to TurboCad.  I am used to drawing with an x,y,z cooridanates.  Is there a way to draw with negative values with A, and B?  Seems no matter what I enter, the drawing populates up and to the right?  For instance, I enter 14" and 31.5", it still draws the rectangle up and right.  The way I am used to, it should draw right and down?  And, I am not an expert at cad, so bear with me.  thanks for any help.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* July 24, 2014, 04:16:18 AM
Never mind, I figured it out.  It's just a little backwards from what I'm used to.   Down is negative, up is positive, left is negative and right is positive. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* July 24, 2014, 06:33:59 PM
I think of it the way we learnt number lines and graphs at school. Anything to the right or above are positive and the left and down is negative.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* July 25, 2014, 05:16:27 AM
I think of it the way we learnt number lines and graphs at school. Anything to the right or above are positive and the left and down is negative.

"Anything to the right or above are positive..."

Except for TurboCAD's Parallel Construction and Parallel Line tools.
For whatever reason known only to the developers and upper-management... when entering distances for Parallel "offsets" in these tools in the X-direction-- along the X-axis-- positive is to the left, and negative is to the right. :o

(I know Nikki knows that and has adapted to that; but I thought it would be good to bring up for the newer TurboCADers following along.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:22:03 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)