TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

When I try to render, the software seems to hang.
Read 1595 times
* July 09, 2014, 08:26:23 PM
Many times now when I try to draft render my object, I get no response and the software seems to hang.  Usually closing the drawing and reopening it and immediately doing the render seems to work every time.  If I do any other editing on the drawing,  it becomes more likely that render doesn't work.

Is this a software bug or symptomatic of my system?  Working with Windows XP Pro (32 bit) with 3GB of memory.  the most memory I can stuff in my system is 4GB.

* July 09, 2014, 08:28:06 PM
Just wanted to add that I am using TC Deluxe V21.1

July 10, 2014, 01:16:39 AM

Hi GeorgeBC,

it all depends on how big or complex your 'object ' actually is!

TC will use up to a max. of 2GB of memory under 32-bit XP, whether you have 3GB or 4GB.  However, v21.1 is generally less prone to crashing than previous models, IMHO, so you might need to leave it alone for a while longer, or, look at simplifying your drawing file, or, upgrading your PC! 

I am still using XP with 4GB memory and, for the most part, TurboCAD works just fine, even rendering large complex drawings.  I would advise using GDI only.

I hope this helps.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* July 10, 2014, 07:39:21 AM
GeorgeBC
When I think I have your problem I start Task Manager and the performance tab. You can see utilization that way.

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

* July 10, 2014, 09:41:07 AM
Sometimes I have what seems to be the same problem. My drawings are not very complicated. It will render fine in wireframe,
hidden line, and quality render. But when I chose draft render, I get nothing, just a white screen. And it always seem to happen after
I did a quality render. I can open a drawing, render in all modes, hidden, then draft, then quality and it renders fine. But if I go back and try
to render in draft mode I get the white screen again. It seems to be the case only when I use either Draft - Lightworks - Flat Open GL, or Smooth
Open GL. The other 3 modes seem OK. And I know the program is not locking up because I can still access all tools. Could be a problem with my PC.
I will have to investigate some more to figure this out.

TC 21 Deluxe, TC 20 Platinum, TC 2015 Platinum, TC 2016 Platinum, TC 2017 Platinum
i7- 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, 16G Crucial Ballistic, ASRock Extreme 4, EVGA 1060 SSC, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

July 10, 2014, 12:53:34 PM
This was happening to me.  in Ver 16.1 Pro platinum  I'd click on some feature and the software was taking  way too long to respond.

I built a new PC with scads more power and memory and the problem is gone. 
I  rather suspect that it  was not the new PC but rather the  re-installation of TC that did it.
The software gets buggy. It's a thing one sees people talking about from time to time.

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum