TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Shadow transparency (Sun tool)
Read 837 times
* June 28, 2014, 01:08:43 PM
I’ve always used a lightworks Sun luminance with the azimuth and altitude set up accordingly to a scene.  There are many lightworks settings for adjusting the light and shadows in a render. The new sun tool is OK but it doesn’t offer shadow transparency which makes it kind of useless for me. 
The attached picture is displaying the two luminance’s that I tested on a tree image. The afternoon sun shadow which is closest to the view (positive X quadrant)  is a lightworks sun luminance , the shadow farthest away from view is the sun tool. 
I wish the sun tool supported shadow transparency in V21 platinum.
Thanks.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* June 28, 2014, 08:16:28 PM
Go to Options>Lightworks and enable "Transparency Shadow." The Sun tool is the only illuminant in the attached screenshot. Note that a shadow cast by an opaque object will be completely dark unless some other illumination is provided.

Henry H

* June 29, 2014, 05:33:55 AM
Go to Options>Lightworks and enable "Transparency Shadow." The Sun tool is the only illuminant in the attached screenshot. Note that a shadow cast by an opaque object will be completely dark unless some other illumination is provided.

Henry H

Thank you Henry!, that did the trick. Wish granted :) I get two more wishes from genie..

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100