TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Shadow transparency (Sun tool)
Read 811 times
* June 28, 2014, 01:08:43 PM
I’ve always used a lightworks Sun luminance with the azimuth and altitude set up accordingly to a scene.  There are many lightworks settings for adjusting the light and shadows in a render. The new sun tool is OK but it doesn’t offer shadow transparency which makes it kind of useless for me. 
The attached picture is displaying the two luminance’s that I tested on a tree image. The afternoon sun shadow which is closest to the view (positive X quadrant)  is a lightworks sun luminance , the shadow farthest away from view is the sun tool. 
I wish the sun tool supported shadow transparency in V21 platinum.
Thanks.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* June 28, 2014, 08:16:28 PM
Go to Options>Lightworks and enable "Transparency Shadow." The Sun tool is the only illuminant in the attached screenshot. Note that a shadow cast by an opaque object will be completely dark unless some other illumination is provided.

Henry H

* June 29, 2014, 05:33:55 AM
Go to Options>Lightworks and enable "Transparency Shadow." The Sun tool is the only illuminant in the attached screenshot. Note that a shadow cast by an opaque object will be completely dark unless some other illumination is provided.

Henry H

Thank you Henry!, that did the trick. Wish granted :) I get two more wishes from genie..

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100