TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

window seat
Read 4964 times
* June 23, 2014, 06:07:14 PM
Its been a while but I wanted to post this render of a window seat radiator cover that I am building for a client. The room and window seat were modeled in Turbocad 20 the image was rendered in Thea render using an axyz metropoly model for the woman and cgaxis models for the table couch plant and pictures. This is my usual work flow taking a bit from each application that suits the project best. I often use models from 3dwarehouse for props to save time as the most important thing for me is to produce an image for the client to sell the job I will be building. Turbocad is still my favorite modeling app. I will post images of the shop drawings soon.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:23:25 PM by Hammer »

June 23, 2014, 06:59:38 PM
A beautiful render Stephen! And very nice woodwork!

* June 23, 2014, 07:57:06 PM
Fantastic.

Henry H

* June 23, 2014, 10:32:36 PM
I'm blown away.  The reflection of the woman's face in the window is utterly convincing.

June 23, 2014, 11:33:15 PM
Astounding! Your workflow is...working! This is a beautiful scene, and the woodwork's complex and really fitted to the space. Hope you sell this for the really good price it should be. I'm gonna hang up my rendering tools now... No, just kidding, but wow again. Love the glass table in the foreground.
Steve

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

June 24, 2014, 12:50:56 AM
Outstanding!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

June 24, 2014, 11:55:57 AM
Superb Stephen!

What was your render time on this?
I did download Thea a couple of years ago and had a quick play with it but never really got anywhere with it.

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* June 24, 2014, 04:15:02 PM
Thanks guys! The tools now available for modeling and rendering are amazing. Darrel the time on this one was about half an hour I believe although it could have been stopped earlier, I didn't keep track. Thea has several rendering engines they have biased, unbiased and now PRESTO CPU + GPU. Each one has advantages. I used presto MC for this one which is a very fast physically accurate engine. I export my TC models in 3ds or obj format. Thea allows for separate TC models to be imported into the same scene which helps when building a complex model over time. For all shop and technical drawings I use TC exclusively it is unmatched in my opinion for this task.

June 25, 2014, 03:57:56 AM
Fantastic image. I cant even take photographs that nice.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* June 25, 2014, 07:25:19 AM
Very impressive really stand out model!

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 25, 2014, 08:53:19 AM
Excellent model and render Steve, the image through the window is very crisp also,  I tend to have a lack of contrast with images through glass, not sure if it is the material refraction or the mirror level that is causing it with lights reflecting off the windows. I know that the lightworks engine must have some contrast parameters, but have not delved into it enough yet.

I am sure your customer will be very happy with the finished appearance and design.

* June 25, 2014, 05:53:52 PM
Thanks so much Kenneth wd and Michael! WD I find that the room models where I have to include all of the details correctly for fabrication turn out the best. In this case I had to create the molding profiles correctly because I was having the knives custom made. I used the same profile for the shop drawing I sent to the knife maker for the sweep. As well the woodwork has to be correct because I am using this model for the shop drawing.
Michael to your question about the glass, since the render engine I use Thea, is physically based, all of those parameters are determined by the material. as long as it is physically correct the light calculations will give the correct optical result.
Kenneth the render viewport in Thea mimics a camera and has all of the settings you find in photography such as f stop iso shutter speed bloom lens shift etc.
So in fact I am learning about photography through rendering:)

June 30, 2014, 06:55:03 PM
First class.

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab