TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

CAM Text Milling will not select text
Read 1657 times
* May 20, 2014, 06:59:51 PM
When I try to select text using the Text Milling option I cannot select text. When I check previous drawings that have successfully produced text milling G code I get the same problem, even though G Code generated by the text milling option exists in the drawing! 

This is most likely some obscure setting I have unknowingly set, but try as I might I cannot find it.

Any suggestion please?

May 21, 2014, 04:12:34 AM
make sure you have not accidentally changed work planes. If that is not it, you may have to uninstall all of TCC & re-install. I had this issue back with v16, but not since. What version are you currently running?

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* May 21, 2014, 03:11:47 PM
Running version 17.2 of TC and v3.5 of CAM

It is not a work plane problem. I thought of that and made sure everything was on the current work plane.  Also, the fact that reloading an earlier drawing, unchanged since successfully producing text G Code, will not work suggests the issue is not the work plane.

I an beginning to think you are right about reinstalling TC, as I have been plagued by unexplained and frequent crashes for some time now.  This behaviour seemed to come about with ver 17.  (Ver 20 was even worse unfortunately. So bad that TC kindly agreed to a refund due to this and that CAM would not work with the 64 bit version of V20)

Thanks for the prompt assistance.  I shall reload TC (yet again) and report.

May 22, 2014, 03:40:16 AM
Try downloading the latest version of the CAM software, It should be compatible with your version of TC & your current registration info should be just fine with it.

TurboCAD user since v3

* May 23, 2014, 03:12:09 PM
I already had the latest version of CAM, so that was not the issue.

I removed and then reloaded TC as suggested above, and that cured the problem. The only disconcerting thing was the three crashes that happened after reloading while trying to re-establish my usual settings.  Seems to have settled now though.

thanks for the help.

May 24, 2014, 02:30:21 AM
Good deal. BTW, what type of machine are you programming for?

TurboCAD user since v3