TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Purchased One CNC
Read 3056 times
April 26, 2014, 02:29:29 AM
Well harping on about updates, upgrades or even a mention of their goals for TCC. May be the thought of missing out and how someone can go from hobby to a career with a Cam package

1 seat of One CNC expert $9412.00 with a few extras thats what we paid in $AU

Wish I had seen Deskproto before I purchased looks a good stepping stone but my demands were immediate and the job needed to be right for my customers
I am not criticizing onecnc IT Ruddy GOOD the snaps only have 3 basic settings dam thing seems to read your mind when your drawing with it

Gee dad.......... what could go wrong ( see Pic)

* April 27, 2014, 10:33:36 AM
Wow!!! But $9412.00.If I did my conversion correctly thats $8723.98 US. To much for my wallet  ??? I doubt if you'll see any change in TCC other than they'll make it compatible for older version to newer version.It kind of it is what it is.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

April 28, 2014, 03:03:44 AM
Spot on WD. I wish we could get just a few changes made to the plug-in. There must not be very many seats of it in use. I use it almost every day. That said, a few minor changes would be welcome. I for one would like the ability to engrave a "text along a curve" object. As it stands now, I have to explode the "text along a curve" object & then program each letter individually. It is not really a necessity for me, but aesthetics, it looks nicer. I would like a bit more control over editing the post processor also. I want 3D also, but I do have Alibre CAM for that.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

May 14, 2014, 10:03:54 PM
Been there and done that Ken explode 4 times (delete the black centre) (delete the the text spacer which are transparent) then select the pocket tool and away you go if you need to rearrange the text [select] edit reference point put that on the centre point of of your curve WoW miss them days

Gee dad.......... what could go wrong ( see Pic)

May 15, 2014, 02:29:13 AM
I do not go through as many steps as you Pakman, as I do not use true type fonts, only .shx fonts. I have found that deleting the "text spacer" is no necessary either.

TurboCAD user since v3

* May 15, 2014, 01:07:03 PM
I was wondering, would the Bend tool work here. Long ago I would lay out all sorts of construction lines to get the text properly oriented. Now I can lay it out flat and bend it as a solid object.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

May 16, 2014, 02:43:36 AM
That may work John. If so, it will save a lot of work. Right now, when I use the text along a curve object, not only do I have to explode it, I have to double space everything, if not, the word are all bunched up.

TurboCAD user since v3

May 16, 2014, 02:52:08 AM
John, now what is your method for bending the text? BTW, I am using v19.2 with the CAM plug-in at work, as I installed the 64bit of v20 & there is no 64bit CAM plug-in, nor will there be. I will install v21, 32bit, on my work PC as soon as the CAM plug-in is released.

TurboCAD user since v3

* May 16, 2014, 10:58:26 AM
You should be able to do this in V19. I inserted some plain Arial text (1"), made it Flexible and gave it a bit of Height (0.25"). I tried the Bend or Bend Sheet tool on the text, but nogo. I drew a Box object next to the text, then 3D Add both together. I 3D Sliced the Box off and now the Text is a Solid object that the Bend tool will work with. If I destroy the PartTree it may work better. I placed a couple of 2D lines and proceeded the Bend process again.

When I tried to bend a 'copy' to make it like a Text Along Curve, it wouldn't bend until I switched to the "End" option. I included a V19 file here. It may take a full minute or so to open. I believe he dinging is due to the Text. If I explode it to ACIS Solid, that should go away and probably open faster.

Hopefully this is of some use.

John R.

RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* May 17, 2014, 12:05:09 AM
After further experimenting, it may help to turn off the "Left Side" option if it doesn't bend. I highly recommend not using normal fonts; too many nodes. The file ballooned up to 23MB after exploding.

John R.

RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

May 17, 2014, 06:57:34 AM
I wont be able to use the 3D extruded text to create a tool path from, I don't think. But it is worth a try.

TurboCAD user since v3