TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

3d Walk Thru
Read 5943 times
* January 12, 2015, 06:39:08 AM
I have started pretty much building everything in 3d now, sure makes sections and details easier .

The Walk Thru tool really gives you a perspective on what a space is gonna look like , even in only hidden line.

I was looking for a way to record these walk thru's to send out. Anybody know a way to do it in TurboCad.

I have actually recorded my screen with my smart phone, you can see it but that is pretty lame, and the file is huge.

Ivey

January 12, 2015, 07:55:18 AM
I have started pretty much building everything in 3d now, sure makes sections and details easier .

The Walk Thru tool really gives you a perspective on what a space is gonna look like , even in only hidden line.

I was looking for a way to record these walk thru's to send out. Anybody know a way to do it in TurboCad.

I have actually recorded my screen with my smart phone, you can see it but that is pretty lame, and the file is huge.

Ivey

Ivey,

looks like you might resolve your needs by using the Animation Lab Plug-in!

There are less expensive ways, but none as satisfying - once you have learnt the ropes.   :)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* January 12, 2015, 09:17:45 AM
In case your interested here is an excellent animation by Kai Sannes that shows what can be achieved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBrFoN7CldU&feature=youtu.be

* January 12, 2015, 10:21:09 AM
You could use a free screen-recorder, such as Hyper-Cam or CamStudio.  With these, you can define the screen-capture area, to just the TurboCAD desktop for instance, before starting the recording.

I've used them-- they're handy-- especially when used in combination with good compression Codecs.

Also, TurboCAD has something of a movie maker built in.  I've never used it.  Here's a link to it on the Wiki.

____
Though I've never gotten good with it, I would have to assume that IMSI-Design's Animation Lab Plug-in would be the best tool for a TurboCADer to use, as Tim and Andy suggested.  Not too pricey, either.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:16:49 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* January 13, 2015, 08:25:33 AM
Probably try that CamStudio first.

A coincidence, on that church video, here is a similar one I did in 2009 as Site Supervisor, 

cool, the Architect didn't one of those movies.

iv

* January 13, 2015, 10:26:45 AM
Tim, I downloaded the 64x version of AL, but don't have a clue how to record a walk thru.

Looking for  a tutorial or maybe some basic instruction, I can't make it do anything.

January 13, 2015, 11:39:43 AM
Tim, I downloaded the 64x version of AL, but don't have a clue how to record a walk thru.

Looking for  a tutorial or maybe some basic instruction, I can't make it do anything.

There should be a help file and samples, to get you started, under:

C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\AnimationLab v5\Help

your installation may vary.

There is always the forum if you are stuck.
The learning curve can be a little steep, but it's worth making the effort.

Regards Tim

Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* January 14, 2015, 02:06:36 PM
Well, I was able to make a spinning cube with help. :-\

But really, I just want a 3rd walk thru.
I even used Movavi to record the screen shot video of a 2 minute walk, but I'm sure animation lab is what I need.
Don't  see anything in help yet.

* January 15, 2015, 03:28:58 AM
As Tim says, I just takes a little bit of learning.

There are a few ways to do a walk-through with the two main differences being either Key-frames or scripts, having to do scripts may sound complicated but its not (unless one is doing custom scripts which I wouldn't advise for learning).

Can I ask what sort of walk-through are you wishing, i.e. just going from room to room and revolving 360 degrees then onto the next room, or is it more like what Kai did in the video which is better for larger rooms.

Andy

* January 16, 2015, 02:07:08 AM
Yes , just a basic walk through , going through front door , then moving from room to room, then generally  going  out to see the house from the outside again.

Just in hidden line to get a feel of the spaces. Same for a room remodel, or interior  build out,   just less walking.

* January 17, 2015, 04:25:36 AM
HI, I knocked up a little video of using key-frames and simple script editor paths, it may be a bit rough as I didn't take much care to get the settings correct, don't know if it will help or not but I needed the practice at making video's.

Unfortunately its 15 minutes long but one can skip any boring bits

Walkthrough 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56b7FiSaXBU
Walkthrough 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l7066B-BF4

**Edit ** changed links to point at new uploads, ** End edit **

Andy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:11:27 AM by Andy H »

January 17, 2015, 08:58:51 AM
HI, I knocked up a little video of using key-frames and simple script editor paths, it may be a bit rough as I didn't take much care to get the settings correct, don't know if it will help or not but I needed the practice at making video's.

Unfortunately its 15 minutes long but one can skip any boring bits

Walkthrough 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7wQyd4XqW0
Walkthrough 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vi74HvHT48

**Edit ** added another small file, more suited to small houses, using multiple splines and the rotate command, Note other people may use different approaches to the problem, ** End edit **

Andy

Andy,

thanks, on behalf of all those prospective Animation Lab users, for taking the time - much appreciated, I'm sure.   8)

Regards Tim

* January 18, 2015, 06:46:45 AM
Beautiful demonstration Andy! This post should be pinned.
If I could add one important step “Always hit Undo” after running an animation :)

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

January 18, 2015, 08:17:41 AM
This is wonderful Andy. Thanks for taking the time to create the videos.

I agree that this post should be pinned.

* January 18, 2015, 10:24:14 AM
Thanks Tim, Dean and Don.

Dean that’s a very good point, so I’ve added a bit at the end of each video about undo, unfortunately I’ve no idea how to edit a you-tube video, so had to upload new versions and change the links above.

Before doing it, I had a look on You Tube and the net but couldn’t find much on Anim Lab, so being as I retire at the end of this week, I thought I’ll add more about Anim Lab on the wiki (beginners guide), and I’ll probably do a few more video’s, gotta keep the mind busy.

* January 18, 2015, 11:24:47 AM
Thanks Tim, Dean and Don.

Dean that’s a very good point, so I’ve added a bit at the end of each video about undo, unfortunately I’ve no idea how to edit a you-tube video, so had to upload new versions and change the links above.

Before doing it, I had a look on You Tube and the net but couldn’t find much on Anim Lab, so being as I retire at the end of this week, I thought I’ll add more about Anim Lab on the wiki (beginners guide), and I’ll probably do a few more video’s, gotta keep the mind busy.

A brilliant idea, especially if you do it like this :)
AL truly need some tutorial to get people started

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB