TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Icon Change
Read 3153 times
* May 20, 2009, 07:59:12 PM
I am glad I finally got back into the forum page, I was unaware of the new change. I need some help getting my icons back to normal. I downloaded the 30 day trial for Doublecad pro and I forgot that the last time I downloaded the free version that It took over all my Turbo icons as well. I removed the program and now I show no icons. How do I get The correct icon on the correct version, is this possible?
     Myron  TC16

May 20, 2009, 08:41:45 PM
As far as I know, you will need to reinstall TurboCAD or perhaps a 'repair' will suffice.

It might be worth a try first to right mouse click over a TurboCAD file and select Open With, browse for TurboCAD and check Always open with...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:24:18 PM by Don Cheke »

* May 20, 2009, 08:45:25 PM
re: How do I get The correct icon on the correct version

I think all you need to do is open up your version of TurboCAD, then open a TCW file to reset the icon to TC  .

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

May 21, 2009, 12:49:43 PM
There was a fairly detailed process on the old forum that worked without reinstall(I used it on 2 computers) .  I understand the old forum is still searcheable but I have lost my link.  I am not sure that John's method will cause the change to stick.

Here is what I think the method is.  Go to CONTROL PANEL/FOLDER OPTIONS/select tcw or tct file type/select CHANGE/select proper program. Or
go to CONTROL PANEL/FOLDER OPTIONS/select tcw or tct file type/select RESTORE/select ADVANCED/select the proper icon available.  There may be other file types associated with TC that you will need to change.  Just look for the DoubleCAD icon in the file types.

I think this is the process but as good as my memory is it is sometime very short. ;)

Jon Coxwell

Jon Coxwell, AIA
Windows Win 7x64
TC19,20 32 bit, 20,21,22 64 bit (Platinum)
RedSDK usually off  Win 10 pro

Save the Planet
Conserve & Recycle

* May 23, 2009, 01:40:48 AM
I am glad I finally got back into the forum page, I was unaware of the new change. I need some help getting my icons back to normal. I downloaded the 30 day trial for Doublecad pro and I forgot that the last time I downloaded the free version that It took over all my Turbo icons as well. I removed the program and now I show no icons. How do I get The correct icon on the correct version, is this possible?
     Myron  TC16
Here is the thread I think they're referring to:
http://forums.imsisoft.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFApp=200&Message_ID=474004

D Fishback