TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

18.2 UI and offset
Read 1124 times
* March 04, 2014, 06:39:13 AM
In 18.2 where is the offset tool and I seem to remember that since everything got so moved around that many people went to an old user inerface.  I would like to use 12.5 user interface in 18.2.  Can I? Mike.

* March 04, 2014, 06:51:12 AM
In 18.2 where is the offset tool and I seem to remember that since everything got so moved around that many people went to an old user inerface.  I would like to use 12.5 user interface in 18.2.  Can I? Mike.

Did you-- do you-- have your own, customized/created workspace configuration in version 12.5?
Have you made alterations to the Default workspace configurations in version-12.5 (or otherwise created your own custom workspace configuration) that you would like to "import" into version 18.2?

____
If the answer to both of those questions above is "yes", then:
  • Copy that particular Configuration File from the version-12.5 Configuration Folder* into the version 18.2 Configuration Folder*
  • In version 18.2, Load that Folder in the Customize Window
____
*Configuration Folders are typically located in the same Directory as your TurboCAD "Documents" and "Drawings" Folders.  That Directory location being something like:  "C:\Users\User Name\Documents\TurboCAD version # & name\Config
     If a same-named file exists in the version-18.2 Folder, you might want to re-Name the configuration file before copying it into the version-18.2 Config folder... to preserve the TurboCAD-provided workspace file.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:02:57 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 04, 2014, 09:47:00 AM
In the "Default" Workspace of V18 Pro, they moved the Offset tools to the "Modify / Offset…" submenu.
In the "1024x768pro_pre18" Workspace, they're found at the bottom of the "Edit" menu.

The "pre18" workspace is similar to what was found in V12. Select it from the "Load From" list, then click on the "Load From" button. You could start with that, then edit the toolbars & menus to your liking. Save your workspace by overwriting the existing name in the "Save In" list with a unique name, then click on the "Save In" button; the overwritten configuration is not changed.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit