TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

VBScript to replace selected objects with circles of set diameter
Read 3076 times
* November 12, 2009, 01:59:43 AM
Hi

This is a small utility to change selected objects into circles. The diameter if each replacing circle is read from the object's X size it is replacing.

I recently had to do machine toolpaths from a 3rd party's dxf where all the holes to be drilled was polylines (about 60 holes). I wrote this utility to make the task easier for me. The polyline circles was in 16 segments and the cnc router would not have cut round circles for the larger holes.

The script works in the TC macro recorder

Feel free to use, change or comment.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 02:27:34 AM by pvr »

November 12, 2009, 02:47:52 AM
Hi pvr,

I never used this soft routines.

How can I use this, how must I place this in TC16.1 ?
Must I place it in a subdir of TC ?

Thanks,
Marc

greetings from belgium (Pajottenland)
XP pro - SP3 - 4GB ram
- TC 16.2 / 52.0 pro Platinum
- AnimationLab 4.4 - MontageCenter 1.0
- CAM plug-in for v 16

* November 12, 2009, 11:00:58 AM
Hi Marc

Download and unzip the file. You can unzip to any directory. Then under TC's View menu select MacroRecorder Palette. The Macro recorder (MR) will open. Now on the MR toolbar select open file button and go to the directory where you have unzipped this file and open it. Now select the objects on your drawing you want to change to circles and click the run button on the MR toolbar. The objects will be changed to circles. The objects should not be single lines as the diameter is read from the itmes x size. The diameter can be overridden by typing a diameter size, but then all circles will have the same size. This only works under TC Professional version and was made with TC v15 but should work with all versions from version 7.

Hope it helped and good luck.

Cheers

Piet

[attachment deleted by admin]

November 12, 2009, 01:36:58 PM
Hoy Piet,

Thanks, I will try this.

Marc

greetings from belgium (Pajottenland)
XP pro - SP3 - 4GB ram
- TC 16.2 / 52.0 pro Platinum
- AnimationLab 4.4 - MontageCenter 1.0