TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Workspace, Paperspace and Real space
Read 5395 times
* March 01, 2014, 05:57:57 AM
Working with TCPL19 and finishing with steel.

One question:
How to make items in paperspace NOT to change when items in workspace change?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:30:51 PM by Duram »

* March 01, 2014, 06:42:06 AM
Maybe explode the viewport in P space 1 time, or make a copy on a different layer to make the changes in M space

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* March 01, 2014, 07:10:18 AM
Working with TCPL19 and finishing with steel.

One question:
How to make items in paperspace NOT to change when items in workspace change?

One thought:
  • In Modelspace, create a Block that is the Objects that you want to Insert into Paperspace.
  • Insert that Block into Paperspace, and Scale it (in all Axes) to whatever size you want it to display.

We'd question why you would want to do this Duram.
Can you expound on why you want "Paperspace NOT to change when items in workspace [Modelspace] change?"

Also:
Could you please limit the size of the Images posted.
That finger-in-the-hole image is 3296x2472 resolution; I have to assume very few of us have a monitor even close to that large. :)

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 01, 2014, 07:33:46 AM
Sometime want to print different of what´s on workspace, in this case I changed color to gray but
on workspace I wanted it black and could not disconnect, every time I changed to black the
paperspace changed too.

I forgot to resize the pic , sorry

* March 01, 2014, 08:15:28 AM
Sometime want to print different of what´s on workspace, in this case I changed color to gray but
on workspace I wanted it black and could not disconnect, every time I changed to black the
paperspace changed too.

I forgot to resize the pic , sorry

In regards to the Color objective, Duram:
  • If you want to print to Black, just choose "Black Only" in the print-dialogue window when Printing; and/or
  • Use a Print Style that is Black.  For years I was hesitant to use Print Styles... just another setting that I had to mess with and be mindful of.  But I have recently found them fairly simple and easy to use and implement-- especially if the only thing I am trying to do is to get certain Objects of Color to Print Black.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:17:46 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 01, 2014, 08:25:31 AM
I deleted the dimensions on workspace and they were delete in papersapace,
i wanted to keep dimensions in paperspace but not in workspace, i could not disconnect

* March 01, 2014, 08:43:34 AM
Turn the dim layer of i M space and have it on in P space

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* March 01, 2014, 12:34:15 PM
I deleted the dimensions in workspace [Modelspace] and they were deleted in Paperspace.
I wanted to keep the Dimensions in Paperspace, but not in workspace [Modelspace]; I could not disconnect.

As Torfinn suggested, instead of Deleting the Dimensions in Modelspace::
  • In Modelspace, put all the Dimensions on their own Layer (named something like "Dimensions")
  • In Paperspace:  In the Viewport Properties page, un-check that particular Layer under "Layer Name".  (might as well "Override Layers Visibility"-- that's very useful)

The other often-suggested method to achieve your desired results Duram:
  • If you are intent on Deleting the Dimensions in Modelspace:  Delete them.  Then do your dimensioning in Paperspace.
  • You might want to adjust the Scale in the Format page of the Dimensions Properties; and-- more importantly-- unless your Paperspace Viewport Scale is set to 1:1 [1mm=1mm, or similar] you will have to adjust the Scale value in the Units/Tolerance page of Dimensions Properties.
To Dimension in Modelspace or Paperspace:  That is an often discussed and debated topic amongst CAD users.

Alvin Gregorio

* March 01, 2014, 01:25:28 PM
I wanted complete disconnection/connection between both spaces,
anything I do in one space not to affect the other and
also the other way too if needed, I change in any space
to change in the other, my choice.

is there any command like "connect/disconnect"?

colors, materials, dimensions, renders, etc everything not connected, I change in one
and not in the other.

* March 01, 2014, 01:30:25 PM
I wanted complete disconnection/connection between both spaces,
anything I do in one space not to affect the other and
also the other way too if needed, I change in any space
to change in the other, my choice.

is there any command like "connect/disconnect"?

colors, materials, dimensions, renders, etc everything not connected, I change in one
and not in the other.

Hi Duram.  Someone else will have to offer the answer to your question quoted above.

As far as I know, what you are requesting goes completely contradictory to what CAD-developers have ascertained that end-users want, and therefore, did not/do not develop this type of "disconnect" functionality.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* March 01, 2014, 01:43:55 PM
In my drawing, sometime I have to print not the finished design, this disconnection
allow me to keep working and not to worry with paperspace changes.
in this example I posted I placed the color on paper space gray but the original
on workspace was black, i did that because the steel part was painted in gray (picture)
but at the end I would be black and when rendering I wanna see black color.

CAD developers can´t imagine all situations but they can create a command when the user
ask, I asked here in the forum a command using math functions
to draw curved lines based on numbers and it was not included in TC21,
so how do I draw a parabolic line without using ( y=x^2+3x-2 )?