TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

3D crane study
Read 1756 times
* February 22, 2014, 08:18:32 PM
Animation I made for a project a few years back. I've done a lot of 2D material over the years. This is becoming more and more what I like to put out these days. Takes forever to render though :-\.

http://youtu.be/TPYlwJaQm_4

February 23, 2014, 01:11:25 AM
Animation I made for a project a few years back. I've done a lot of 2D material over the years. This is becoming more and more what I like to put out these days. Takes forever to render though :-\.

http://youtu.be/TPYlwJaQm_4

Hi,

welcome to the forum.  Yes, rendering can be slow, but, reducing the number of repeated operations could make a big difference.

Do you need to show every step?  Is each wall panel actually rendered as glazed?

Anyway, nice work and, hopefully, your animations have served their intended purpose!  :)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* February 27, 2014, 02:14:15 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I've been lurking around here for a while, just not posting.
It is important to show all the walls getting set up on end. The sequence of the order they are set is part of the entire process.
My last video I did had to show the crane actually centering over the panels and the rigging and was animated in each step along the way. That one took forever to render... :/. I have learned how to render about 400 frames at a time in parts, and put the movie together in Sony Movie studio. That helps as the whole movie at once might be 2 days of straight rendering, and keeps the files smaller per part. I can also make minor changes to each part if need be, rather than re-rendering the entire animation many times if there are slight adjustments to make for the finished product. This took about 75 hours to create all in all.