TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Beginner looking for tutorials
Read 9899 times
* November 08, 2009, 03:46:41 AM
Hi,
I've just purchased Turbo CAD v16 deluxe but can't find any tutorials within the programme or on the web links.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks,

Keith Emerson

November 08, 2009, 08:00:46 AM
I have sent a response to your email inquiry Keith, keep an eye open for it.

* November 12, 2009, 12:45:26 PM
Hey Keith. newbie here also...could you send that info to me also?
Thanks,
Robert

* November 29, 2009, 02:43:45 AM
Me too - Keith, Don or Robert? I am AutoCad 2D familiar, got TC free trial, hoping to find TC 3D better than ACad, need quickstart before the trial runs out.

November 29, 2009, 06:18:51 AM
I only have one v14 Deluxe tutorial that would work just fine with V16 Deluxe. It would take you through all kinds of processes that would help ease the learning curve.
See: http://www.textualcreations.ca/Textual%20Creations%20Shopping%20Page.html#Dinner_Setting_Tutorial

I used to have more Deluxe tutorials but did not keep up with them as it was too much work writing for both Pro and Deluxe. Since this new forum started there sure seems to be more Deluxe users and I would consider writing for Deluxe again if I thought it might be worth it. Trouble is that new users are not always willing to spend 40 (ish) dollars on tutorial materials when they only spent three times that for the program itself.

* November 29, 2009, 06:34:55 AM
Thanks Don. Last sentence, true, I guess. Since OP, I've seen yr site of tutorials offered, but am now warned by
I used to have more Deluxe tutorials but did not keep up with them as it was too much work writing for both Pro and Deluxe
So is there significant difference between Deluxe and Pro, as in rectilinear 3D drafting capabilities? In Architecture, have little need of curved solids. Tho off-topic, wd be grateful for quick guidance on that.

November 29, 2009, 07:11:50 AM
Thanks Don. Last sentence, true, I guess. Since OP, I've seen yr site of tutorials offered, but am now warned by
I used to have more Deluxe tutorials but did not keep up with them as it was too much work writing for both Pro and Deluxe
So is there significant difference between Deluxe and Pro, as in rectilinear 3D drafting capabilities? In Architecture, have little need of curved solids. Tho off-topic, wd be grateful for quick guidance on that.

There are actually huge difference between Deluxe and Pro and this is due to TC Surface objects used in Deluxe and Solids in Pro. Although you can create some nice stuff with Deluxe, it is very limiting when it comes to missing processes, like shelling, filleting, using compound profiles, boolean ops, and many many other things. I know my message to Keith seemed mysterious but all I told him was that any Pro version of TurboCAD is better than Deluxe and I told him to search ebay as I had just done so to see what was available and saw that there were v12 and v14 Pro versions available for very low costs. Once a Pro version was purchased, it would be very reasonable to upgrade to newer versions when desired. Going from Deluxe to Pro is like being broken out of prison - what creative freedom one gets from such a move. I know what it is like to be under budget constraints and I too started with TC Designer and then Deluxe. I could not afford Pro at the time and I didn't know that one could find such deals on ebay. So I waited until I had the good fortune of receiving the Pro version as a gift. Not everyone has that luxury, so finding a sale is good. My first purchase on ebay was for Adode's CS3 at $1K. I was so nervous but if it turned out to be a viable solution it was going to save me a thousand dollars. The seller had been in business for many years and had hundreds of positive reviews. So I went ahead and got a brand new boxed version in no time at all. I was even able to upgrade to CS4 via Adobe just recently. So the moral of the story is - there are ways to get the better software without having to beg borrow or steal.

* November 29, 2009, 07:22:18 AM
That's really valuable.
http://www.turbocad.co.uk/turbocad_16_benefits_and_features.html also helped.
The new Tug&Shove looks v significant, esp if coupled with accuracy tools that SU doesn't have.