TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Surface Modeling for TurboCAD: Version 16 compatability
Read 5583 times
* May 19, 2009, 06:56:30 PM
 A message for TurboCAD 16 and 15 users using Surface Modeling rof TurboCAD. I explained in a diferent thread that Surface Modeling for TurboCAD works but with the caviat that there is no toolbar.
Everything does work from the menu but I feel that the toolbar interface adds a great deal to productivity and user experience.
I would like to say that there is a work around, that works for me, that makes the Surface Modeling for TurboCAD toolbar available.
With help from IMSI, we found that you can do the following:
1) change the UI theme from v16 to v11 and restart TurboCAD
2) restart TurboCAD
3) verify that the toolbar for Surface Modeling for TurboCAD is visible
4) change the UI theme from v11 back to v16 and restart TurboCAD
after this second restart the toolbar should be available.

Please let me know if this makes a difference for you.

* January 31, 2010, 11:31:39 AM
 >:(
Does this (3rd party plug-in?) work?  There is no real documentation or help menu covering this.  I can get the UI Theme to V11 from my V16.2 running on Vista, but it still does not show the Surface modeler interface in the menu.  (BTW, I notice there is no Vista Menu and Theme or Palette)
Also, the Terrain Model in V16 does not allow me to modify individual points, so it's like useless in my landscape design work.  I spent some pretty good bucks buring both the 2D and 3D Training programs, but guess what - they dont address either surface modeling or terrain modeling.

February 02, 2010, 04:54:16 AM
I got it, and it work very good. :)

It is two ways to get the toolbar. Look at this video. I use Windows XP.
www.turbocad.no/SurfaceModeling/SurfaceModelingUIv16.wmv

Kai Sannes

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 04:55:56 AM by KS »

Kai Sannes, DAKnor. Norwegain TurboCAD seller and instructor.
Laptop Acer Aspire VN7-793G
GeForce GTX1060, 6Gb,Core i7-7700HQ,16GB RAM,256GB PCIe SSD,1TB HDD,W10 Home
17.3" Full HD matt