TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Print Preview mode
Read 1189 times
* February 01, 2014, 11:31:17 AM
Is there a way to set the display to show what the drawing would actually look like when printed?  I have tried print preview, but can not zoom in enough to check the lines for interference, etc.  I have seen other cad programs switch from actual drawing mode to a print display mode.

* February 01, 2014, 11:58:50 AM
Are you using Paper Space? You can set up the contents of a page exactly how you like.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* February 01, 2014, 01:59:26 PM
Is there a way to set the display to show what the drawing would actually look like when printed?  I have tried print preview, but can not zoom in enough to check the lines for interference, etc.  I have seen other cad programs switch from actual drawing mode to a print display mode.

I think what a lot of Users do-- it's what I do-- is print to a third-party "PDF-Writer" program.  There's a few good free ones available on the Internet.  Just Google "Free Pdf writer" or something like that.

Free:  PDF995 and CutePDF seem to be very popular among these Forum Members.  I use one that I paid about $80 for-- pdfFactoryPro-4.8.1 from FinePrint.  I also have installed on my system a free pdf-writer app. that someone else recommended to me-- PDF reDirect v2.

If you are a serious professional, that is going to be doing a lot of printing and sending out to others to view, including printing-companies to print, you might want to consider Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Few Forum Members seem to be pleased with TurboCAD's built-in "Save As..."(PDF), but that's another option (from Paperspace).

----
When I am finalizing my drawings to send out to the homeowner, engineer, or building-department, I am constantly printing my Paperspaces to PDF and checking as much as possible on my screen within Adobe Reader to see how it's going to look.  I also usually have to actually have my 36"x24" sheets set printed-to-actual-paper (by a third-party "blueprint" printing company) at least once for me to proof, then edit, then print again-- because I can't catch everything via a screen-viewing, and it always turns out at least somewhat different when printed-to-paper (my screen-resolution is 106-PPI-- pretty standard; my "blueprint"-printing-company tells me their machines print at about 300-DPI).

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)