TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Customizing "Title Block"
Read 2242 times
* January 30, 2014, 12:32:29 PM
Is there any way to customize the "Title Block" (Is that what it is called?)

The line at the very top at the top of the screen. For instance, that line on this screen reads"Start new topic-Windows Internet Explorer". When I open a file, it will show the file name and also "Paper 1".

I would like to have it also display the path, such as "...... C:\Windows\etc,etc"

Would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks, Bill Vlymen

* January 30, 2014, 02:25:12 PM
I believe what you're referring to is called a "Caption". I don't know how one would change it, so it displays the files' full address. Maybe dig around through Windows "Display" options. That's programming; above my pay grade. 

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* January 30, 2014, 04:33:41 PM
Thanks for the interest. I will try Windows, but I thought TurboCad would have a solution, since it is their caption.

Best wishes, Bill Vlymen

* January 31, 2014, 05:52:09 AM
Surbill,  Until the TurboCAD developers change the code to add the File Directory to the Window caption:

Maybe going to TurboCAD's File/Summary Info will serve your purposes.

You might have to have a Re-Size Any Window app in order for the whole Directory string to be visible.  That's how I got the File Directory to fully display in the screen-capture example below.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* January 31, 2014, 10:27:34 AM
Thanks Alvin...

I'll look at the "summary info" solution, but I was hoping to post something on the very top line; where your example says "TurboCad Deluxe etc". By the way, what is that line called???

Best wishes, Bill Vlymen

* January 31, 2014, 10:43:13 AM
re: …By the way, what is that line called???

It's called the "Caption Bar". See this tutorial: The Windows Form.

I looked at a half dozen application and they all show the same thing; the programs' name, a dash, then just the file name. I haven't seen any with options for displaying the complete address.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* February 01, 2014, 07:28:08 PM
Hi John R....

Thanks for the response... By the way, I have solved the problem...

Simply , I just rename the program using "-"'s instead of back-slashes as follows.

C-FolderName-etc-etc , however long the address is and save it that way. Then, when I open it up in turbocad, that long "address" is at the very top lin of the screen. I  can glance at it and know the address of the file on which I am working.

What do you think??

Best wishes, Bill Vlymen

February 02, 2014, 02:45:59 AM
Hi Bill,

your requirement, if I understand you correctly, is purely, as John R has suggested, a programming 'trick'.

The developers could quite easily(?) set this up to work with TC.

The example attached, is from TextPad (http://www.textpad.com) and shows, by way of an example, what I hope you are wishing for, in the Caption/Title bar.

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:47:36 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).