TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Does somebody have the file of the running man? (Runner)
Read 3797 times
January 18, 2014, 07:45:48 PM
Hi.
Does somebody have the file of the running man?
I want to study it and try it.

See also a clip from the manual, AniomationLab v52.pdf
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:14:54 PM by KS »

Kai Sannes, DAKnor. Norwegain TurboCAD seller and instructor.
Laptop Acer Aspire VN7-793G
GeForce GTX1060, 6Gb,Core i7-7700HQ,16GB RAM,256GB PCIe SSD,1TB HDD,W10 Home
17.3" Full HD matt

* January 18, 2014, 10:00:35 PM
I would like a copy of that file also, never looked at the example files to see if it was hidden away there, but you have probably already looked. Maybe it was with the earlier version of Animation Lab.

* January 19, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
Kai

Just wondered - how did you load the script, the scenario needs to be loaded using the drop down list from the play scenario button, for me this puts the commands into the scenario script editor, (not the custom script window).

I've no idea what the 'Matrix' bits are as they don't appear to do anything.  if your loading the  'prepare runner' script I think you may need to set up the parts as groups unfortunately I've had no success setting up the groups in TC before creating an actor, as it just shows the top group name with no access to individual parts,  after preparation one can load the 'runner' script and things should move and rotate - it just uses .

Andy

* January 20, 2014, 11:39:22 AM
Had some spare time today so thought I'd have a play, I altered the set-up script, (just grouped things) - see 'Runner_setup1' in notepad after un-zipping, the TC file already has this loaded and will show the grouping in the AnimLab Actor section, - note one may need to run the anim in wireframe then undo to show grouping and individual parts are grouped in TC before putting into AnimLab, clicking play will set up the runner for the next bit.

Once setup,  load the script Runner2 (which is the same as the one supplied by Imsi/SoftDev), I seem to have got the pelvis/torso a little off but that's probably due to the position of the reference points.

Andy

January 20, 2014, 04:47:40 PM
I do not understand the script, but I downloaded TCW file, and the zip file and unzip them.
I just load from scenario from file. See the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVXPe6fdRcI

I got some script errors, but it works.
Thank you very much Andy. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I have seen that 3ds Studeo Max use something called bip-files. See image
On the web you can download all types of movements, walk, run, dance, jump, sit and read and so on.
Then one can in fact load the script and do the same in TurboCAD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyuLp07h8Rk

One should then also be able to group a model stuck in this beep character, called rig.

Andy. do you think is it possible to set this runner i a loop, and then make a path which he can follow?

For the smart heads, it should also be possible to make a converter, from bip-files to a TurboBip-files. ;)

Kai
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:16:03 PM by KS »

17.3" Full HD matt

* January 21, 2014, 01:09:56 AM
The error in the running I think is caused by the text in the custom script window, when its run TC reads the custom script and it expects to find a valid vba script with variables, please see attached pic, if you delete everything in the custom script window it should run ok (hopefully).

As for running along a path, it should be possible, though the only way I know of to make the running in a loop would be to write a custom vba script, which is something I'm not very good at, if it was just for short distances like in the video, I'd just copy and paste some of the anim script and alter the frame numbers, then set a move along path for the stomach and pelvis.

Andy

January 21, 2014, 07:18:36 AM
Now I think I understand how it works. I have to run the setup first. OK  :)
Here is a new images.

I search for Matrix and I find that they also use this in 3D Studio Max.
Here it what Matrix mean:
The transforms of an object are expressed as a matrix of values that contain the following information:

Position of the object center in world space
    Rotation of the object in world space
    Scale of the object along its local axes

The matrix is called the transformation matrix, and its information relates directly to the transforms Move, Rotate, and Scale. Applying one of these transforms alters the values in the transformation matrix.

Transforms have the following properties. They are:

Applied to the entire object.
    Independent of their order of application. No matter how many times you transform an object, the results are stored as one set of values in the matrix.
    Applied after all object-space modifiers have been evaluated, but before the world-space modifiers.

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/16/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/index.html?url=files/GUID-7DB3BD2D-C14E-4E23-834D-23B4B7115E5E.htm,topicNumber=d30e345949

Kai
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:32:50 AM by KS »

17.3" Full HD matt

January 25, 2014, 12:13:02 PM
for what it's worth, I just had a quick play with this and attach files for those interested.

Grouped all as runner and simply used Move command to give the manikin some motion in one direction.  Rotate and Scale also work.  Perhaps, a transformation matrix would do this better.  Could we ask the developers to help with this?

Not had much success with using paths, to move the manikin, but, will try again.  ::)

It would be nice to derive a set of scenario files (similar to 3DS blip binary files, but in text format) for Animation Lab. for users to download.
But, it might be a long tedious project  :P

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:33:09 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017 + Lightworks (64-bit versions).

* January 25, 2014, 04:31:11 PM
Kai - thanks for the information, very informative.

Tim - nice work, I hadn't thought of putting the whole lot under a top level group for the movement.