TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

X, Y, Z...
Read 1232 times
November 11, 2013, 10:25:10 AM
So all of a sudden (after having to re-install TC) my coordinate system isn't working like before (I'm sure it's a setting).

Example..
I go to my "top" view, set that view as my current plane (plane by active view), I select an object, move it 1' using the Delta X column in the inspector bar.  The object moves 1' left, instead of right.  Why does it move in a negative direction instead of a positive?

Thx

* November 11, 2013, 10:41:08 AM
So all of a sudden (after having to re-install TC) my coordinate system isn't working like before (I'm sure it's a setting).

Example..
I go to my "top" view, set that view as my current plane (plane by active view), I select an object, move it 1' using the Delta X column in the inspector bar.  The object moves 1' left, instead of right.  Why does it move in a negative direction instead of a positive?

Thx

Perhaps your Camera is turned 180° when you set your workplane by the current view, and your Selector Properties Inspector Bar coordinate is set to "World CS".

Try this:  Instead of "top" view, go to the Standard View "World Plan" (first, top-left of the default Standard Views toolbar).  Then set your workplane "By World".  That's the "usual" way of just "plain ol'" drawing on the most common workplane.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

November 11, 2013, 10:52:49 AM
Changing from "World CS" to "User CS" seems to have taken care of it...

Thx!

* November 11, 2013, 10:56:12 AM
Changing from "World CS" to "User CS" seems to have taken care of it...

Thx!

Good.  Seems like you somehow got your "top" view 180° rotated from the standard, World Plan, top view.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)