TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Problems with hidden line rendering in viewports, TC20plat Win7
Read 1610 times
* November 13, 2013, 12:43:59 PM
I am having trouble with hidden line rendering in viewports.  It isn't easy in model space either, but when I try to do a hidden line render in a paper space viewport, the computer seems to freeze.  Very simple entities aren't too difficult, but anything slightly complex locks up the computer for as long as 15 minutes.  Sometimes I have to shut the computer down because it freezes.  Does anybody have this problem?  Does anybody know of any setting that can be changed to speed up the process and prevent the computer from locking up?  I am using TC version 20 platinum, Windows 7.

* November 13, 2013, 01:01:32 PM
I am having trouble with hidden line rendering in viewports.  It isn't easy in model space either, but when I try to do a hidden line render in a paper space viewport, the computer seems to freeze.  Very simple entities aren't too difficult, but anything slightly complex locks up the computer for as long as 15 minutes.  Sometimes I have to shut the computer down because it freezes.  Does anybody have this problem?  Does anybody know of any setting that can be changed to speed up the process and prevent the computer from locking up?  I am using TC version 20 platinum, Windows 7.

I've had similar problems with Hidden Line Render in Viewports-- with "semi-complex" objects in the Viewport-- when I had "Draw Intersections" checked in the Viewport | Properties | Hidden Line page.

Other than that, try switching from RedSDK to GDI, or from GDI to RedSDK.

-----
I've also had this type of issue when in my Viewport was an object that was a Block that I brought in as a .dwg object.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:04:19 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 13, 2013, 09:47:34 PM
re: …Does anybody have this problem?

I tried this on my Windows 7 machine and it rendered in a Viewport within seconds with a somewhat complex drawing (it takes 4-5 minutes to open). This was with the basic Hiddenline and the RedSDK Hiddenline. When I tried LightWorks Hiddenline, it ran out of memory. It was competing with SiriusXM for resources and lost. I turned off the music and it rendered, but used up 95% of the memory (TaskManager).

My 2¢, £, €, ¥

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit