TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Exporting .stl files into nccad
Read 1750 times
* November 07, 2013, 12:27:33 AM
I have just purchased a new wabeco mill and thinking of converting to CNC, potentially 4 axis. I have been trying to export ( Turbocad 20, 64 bit and 32 bit) some 3d files to nccad professional which is the g code generator for the intended processor. I have exported a .stl file but this does not seem to be imported ie nothing happens. It does reimport back in to turbocad 20.
DXF files are imported.
Has anyone experience with nccad?
Thanks

November 07, 2013, 09:50:33 AM
Can you explain a bit more? Are you saying that your cam software cannot read the exported stl file? Also, this sub-forum is for the TurboCAD CAM plug-in. It is not visited as frequently as the main forum. You may want to pose the question there also.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* November 07, 2013, 01:30:58 PM
Thank you for the advice regarding where to post. The file does not seem to be imported, no error code is generated. It appears that nothing has happened.

November 08, 2013, 11:11:49 AM
This file import will not happen automatically. You will need to point your CAM software to where you saved the .stl file. If it is not there , then you either saved it to a different folder, or it was not saved, or it may not be the correct version format. Can you upload the TC file & the .stl to the forum so we can look at it?

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||