TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

TurboCad Cam Plugin Reviews
Read 3083 times
October 24, 2013, 06:56:13 AM
I recently got a CNC machine. It came with a program called "Millright" for producing the g-code. I am not happy with Millright for a variety of reasons and am considering getting the CAM plug-in for my Version 20 TorboCad.

Can any users  the turbocad  CAM plugin let me know what you think - does it work well?

thanks,
Darrell

October 24, 2013, 08:59:34 AM
What kind of parts will you be making with it. This is only a 2.5D CAM package, so it will not do any 3D machining, with the exception of thread milling, which I will be testing in the coming weeks. I use it almost daily. One must remember, this is a low cost solution, but for me, it works great. you can see the parts I have made here on the forum. Good luck & feel free to ask all of the question you want. This is a very good forum.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

October 24, 2013, 12:12:10 PM
I am making relatively simple parts. All 2D stuff - some furniture parts and templates. One of the problems I am having is extra lines of code being generated - causing my machine to hit the limit switch or routing unwanted stuff. I am not sure if  the export to dwg is causing problems or the g-code program is at fault.