TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

TurboCad Cam Plugin Reviews
Read 2969 times
October 24, 2013, 06:56:13 AM
I recently got a CNC machine. It came with a program called "Millright" for producing the g-code. I am not happy with Millright for a variety of reasons and am considering getting the CAM plug-in for my Version 20 TorboCad.

Can any users  the turbocad  CAM plugin let me know what you think - does it work well?

thanks,
Darrell

October 24, 2013, 08:59:34 AM
What kind of parts will you be making with it. This is only a 2.5D CAM package, so it will not do any 3D machining, with the exception of thread milling, which I will be testing in the coming weeks. I use it almost daily. One must remember, this is a low cost solution, but for me, it works great. you can see the parts I have made here on the forum. Good luck & feel free to ask all of the question you want. This is a very good forum.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

October 24, 2013, 12:12:10 PM
I am making relatively simple parts. All 2D stuff - some furniture parts and templates. One of the problems I am having is extra lines of code being generated - causing my machine to hit the limit switch or routing unwanted stuff. I am not sure if  the export to dwg is causing problems or the g-code program is at fault.