TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

(15.2) How to texture properly?
Read 5810 times
* October 23, 2009, 05:40:31 AM
How do you properly texture an object or 3D face?

I know of two ways, but each has problems.

If I treemask a face I get a solid object but the texture can not be scaled to the right size.

If I use a wrapped image, i can scale the texture, but the object is transparent.

What do I need to do to texture an object so I can scale the texture and make the obkect a solid?

* October 23, 2009, 09:40:56 AM
More details, please.

Henry H

* October 23, 2009, 11:56:56 AM
As Henry said, more details are needed. What are the other shaders that you're using; Reflectance, Transparency, etc? I would recommend not using "Treemask", as LightWorks has dropped that particular shader (not available in V16).

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

February 08, 2010, 02:00:27 PM
...I would recommend not using "Treemask", as LightWorks has dropped that particular shader (not available in V16).

What is the substitute for "treemask" in v16?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Lars
www.lm-illustration.dk

(TurboCAD PRO PLATINUM v2018 64bit)

* February 08, 2010, 03:18:30 PM
...I would recommend not using "Treemask", as LightWorks has dropped that particular shader (not available in V16).

What is the substitute for "treemask" in v16?

Use "Wrapped image" or "Wrapped filtered image" Pattern plus "Wrapped mask" Transparency.

Henry H

February 09, 2010, 11:21:13 AM
Thank you for your swift answer Henry!

Where can I find instructions for making materials ("TurboCAD Materials for Dummies"), an image with transparent background, in TurboCAD ? 
The material I am looking for should act as the former "Treemask" (image with transparent background), but must work in v16.

Do someone have materials you want to share? Thanks!

Thanks!
Best regards,
Lars
www.lm-illustration.dk

* February 09, 2010, 11:41:03 AM
Thank you for your swift answer Henry!

Where can I find instructions for making materials ("TurboCAD Materials for Dummies"), an image with transparent background, in TurboCAD ? 
The material I am looking for should act as the former "Treemask" (image with transparent background), but must work in v16.

Do someone have materials you want to share? Thanks!

Here's a free book, written for TCad v8, but most of the info is still applicable:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a19d817/n/Photorealism_In_TurboCAD_R_.pdf

Henry H

February 09, 2010, 12:23:15 PM
Thanks for the link Henry, you did a huge and fantastic job with that book!!!

But my current problem is how to make, in v16, an image with transparent background (like a photo of a tree or a 2D human silhouette) to be used in a 3D model showing an exhibition.

In former "Treemask" the image background which should be transparent must be black, I guess this is the same when using "Wrapped image"?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Lars
www.lm-illustration.dk

* February 09, 2010, 12:48:17 PM
But my current problem is how to make, in v16, an image with transparent background (like a photo of a tree or a 2D human silhouette) to be used in a 3D model showing an exhibition.

In former "Treemask" the image background which should be transparent must be black, I guess this is the same when using "Wrapped image"?

Assign "Wrapped image" or "Wrapped filtered image" Pattern and "Wrapped mask" Transparency, using the image with the black background in both places.

Henry H

February 09, 2010, 01:31:34 PM
Thanks for your patience, Henry.  ;) I will try to make it work.

Thanks!
Best regards,
Lars
www.lm-illustration.dk