TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

simple - drawing a line
Read 899 times
November 16, 2013, 03:26:53 AM
When I draw a line, I have the autocad-like input boxes near the cursor. That is ok. BUT....When I enter a distance and angle, the distance box must be locked in order to get the correct line length. I am sure there is some simple something I am overlooking, because that locking feature every time I draw a line is tedious. On the other hand, when I pull a line after the previous line as been drawn, I have to unlock the distance feature. What am I overlooking?

Michael
v20.1.32.4

November 16, 2013, 08:08:31 AM
Use tabs. Set the line length with the cursor then tab over to the angle, enter the angle and hit enter. Or set the angle with the cursor and tab to set the length then enter. Once you enter a value it will change if you move the cursor

mike
TC user since v3. MacMini 5.1. 2.3 GHz. 16 Gig RAM.
TC 19 Pro 64 bit. Windows 7.

* November 16, 2013, 11:10:17 PM
In the LTE interface, use their LTE tools. I experienced your problem when using the TurboCAD Line tool. Type in "L" or "line" in the Command Line to start the LTE Line tool, then "Alt+F" or "Enter" a second time to finish using the tool.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:12:58 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit