TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

paper space template
Read 2950 times
* October 22, 2009, 01:58:03 PM
Is there a way to make TC open/insert a new paper space that retains all settings including margins, title block, orientation, paper size etc.? I created a drawing template that includes one paper the way I want it, but to insert another the settings are lost. I know you can duplicate the original, but if viewports have already been placed on it, then those have to be deleted. With most large drawings you never know how many papers you'll end up needing before completion. Just looking for a fast way to insert a new one, without having to reset margins and the like.

BTW. The option to get margins from the printer never gives the proper margins for some reason.

Greg
TC user since v.8
Currently running v.19.2 Platinum, build 54.2

October 22, 2009, 02:08:47 PM
Margins, orientation and paper size all come from the default settings of whatever printer you have selected.  You should be able to insert a tittle block using insert file from the insert menu. 

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

October 22, 2009, 02:22:02 PM
Just adding to Rip's suggestions, you could also make a title block symbol and drag it in from your Library palette when needed.

* October 22, 2009, 02:23:32 PM
Maybe create a Template with two or more Paperspaces already set up to your spec's. Never use the "last" Paperspace, just duplicate it as needed.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* October 22, 2009, 07:25:56 PM
Neglected to mention I'm using V15.2 mechanical, build 48.1.

In reference to Rip's message:  The default printer settings for the margins do not show up correctly in TC, not just at the shop office, but also on my home office computer.  Attached screenshot shows the default settings supposedly from the printer, these incorrect settings are not the same as the defaults that appear when using Word, Excel or Photo editing software. This is my biggest complaint since every time I need to print I have to reset the margins from 'page setup'.

John's suggestion to use my template and make multiple paper spaces and remember to not use the last one before duplicating, is thus far the best solution. Be nice to be able to just click 'insert' and have it show up with the settings I want.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Greg
TC user since v.8

* October 23, 2009, 02:40:35 AM
re: the defaults that appear when using Word, Excel or Photo editing software.

If you set the margins in MS Word to zero, the program will correct to the nearest size, which will be the same as you get in TurboCAD. While you could create a Template with Paper1 set as you want, new "Insert" pages will have the zero margins. To get around this you go to the TCExplorer palette. Expand "Settings", then "Built-in", then go to "Drawing_Defaults". Look for "$PGMARGL", aka Page Margin Left. You can change the Values for the four margin parameters to the widths you want to have. The values must be in millimeters (without the mm); i.e. 9.525 will give you a 3/8" margin, 12.7=1/2", etc.

Now, when you add a new paperspace page to the drawing, the margins will be set the way you want them.

see also: Drawing_Defaults

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* October 23, 2009, 06:51:38 AM
Thanks John.
That information helps quite a bit, that's 4 settings that don't have to be re-entered every time.

Took Don's suggestion 1 step further and inserted an Xref to the title block into the template I created, so it's in the drawing's block library all the time.

Thanks everyone.

Greg
TC user since v.8

* October 23, 2009, 11:43:26 AM
You're welcome.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled