TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

One of my first Animations, only a repeat animated Gif at present.
Read 3416 times
* July 25, 2013, 03:30:28 PM
One of my first Animations, only a repeat animated Gif at present, but seems to work quite well.

Wish me well with my venture into the world of animations, think I am going to need it.

Mike Geraghty.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:51:08 PM by Michael Geraghty »

July 26, 2013, 06:40:59 AM

Excellent stuff Michael - keep it up!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* July 26, 2013, 07:17:34 AM
Thanks Tim, I need to get up to scratch with the animation side, as I intend to venture into some Kinetic Sculpture designs this year, been putting it off for a while, but with my new system, got lots of memory and cpu power now to try things out.

Regards Mike Geraghty.

July 26, 2013, 10:49:59 AM
Thanks Tim, I need to get up to scratch with the animation side, as I intend to venture into some Kinetic Sculpture designs this year, been putting it off for a while, but with my new system, got lots of memory and cpu power now to try things out.

Regards Mike Geraghty.

Aye, just what the doctor ordered!  I wish I had more time for animation, but a nice summer and large garden, have got in the way for while.  :)

Looking forward to an example, some time . . . no pressure!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

July 27, 2013, 06:31:58 PM
Bravo Michael - great animation!  I can't wait to see what else you are working on. ~ David

David V.

* July 27, 2013, 07:24:18 PM
Thanks for the support Tim and David, only a novice at the animation scenarios at present, just brushing up on the best formats to use for youtube and facebook, what a pity they don't cater for repeat loops and you have to create a large file from a very small number of frames. I was having a look at your fascinating Bluemin Onion animation David, a real masterpiece along with lots of your other work, a great combination of maths, music, art and design. Some great animation examples on the forum now, and some long hours that have gone into them, but no doubt a lot of satisfaction with the end results.

I have been up most nights nearly all night for the last year, and am worn down a bit, I must off to bed now, but always something new to learn.

Regards Mike Geraghty

August 20, 2013, 03:42:00 AM
Very effective Michael...how many frames are there in your animated GIF?

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* August 20, 2013, 01:00:28 PM
Only 4 frames Gaz, but that was so the animated text was not blinking too fast, although it probably still needs slowing down a bit. The original was three frames without text.

Over a thousand parts in this model, so took a little bit of setting up.

August 28, 2013, 11:27:58 PM
Over a thousand parts in this model...

Wow!

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* August 29, 2013, 04:03:07 AM
Sorry Gaz, I think it was six frames, the original was three with the text on each frame a different colour, but it was too fast, so doubled the frames.