TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

One of my first Animations, only a repeat animated Gif at present.
Read 3104 times
* July 25, 2013, 03:30:28 PM
One of my first Animations, only a repeat animated Gif at present, but seems to work quite well.

Wish me well with my venture into the world of animations, think I am going to need it.

Mike Geraghty.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:51:08 PM by Michael Geraghty »

July 26, 2013, 06:40:59 AM

Excellent stuff Michael - keep it up!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* July 26, 2013, 07:17:34 AM
Thanks Tim, I need to get up to scratch with the animation side, as I intend to venture into some Kinetic Sculpture designs this year, been putting it off for a while, but with my new system, got lots of memory and cpu power now to try things out.

Regards Mike Geraghty.

July 26, 2013, 10:49:59 AM
Thanks Tim, I need to get up to scratch with the animation side, as I intend to venture into some Kinetic Sculpture designs this year, been putting it off for a while, but with my new system, got lots of memory and cpu power now to try things out.

Regards Mike Geraghty.

Aye, just what the doctor ordered!  I wish I had more time for animation, but a nice summer and large garden, have got in the way for while.  :)

Looking forward to an example, some time . . . no pressure!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

July 27, 2013, 06:31:58 PM
Bravo Michael - great animation!  I can't wait to see what else you are working on. ~ David

David V.

* July 27, 2013, 07:24:18 PM
Thanks for the support Tim and David, only a novice at the animation scenarios at present, just brushing up on the best formats to use for youtube and facebook, what a pity they don't cater for repeat loops and you have to create a large file from a very small number of frames. I was having a look at your fascinating Bluemin Onion animation David, a real masterpiece along with lots of your other work, a great combination of maths, music, art and design. Some great animation examples on the forum now, and some long hours that have gone into them, but no doubt a lot of satisfaction with the end results.

I have been up most nights nearly all night for the last year, and am worn down a bit, I must off to bed now, but always something new to learn.

Regards Mike Geraghty

August 20, 2013, 03:42:00 AM
Very effective Michael...how many frames are there in your animated GIF?

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* August 20, 2013, 01:00:28 PM
Only 4 frames Gaz, but that was so the animated text was not blinking too fast, although it probably still needs slowing down a bit. The original was three frames without text.

Over a thousand parts in this model, so took a little bit of setting up.

August 28, 2013, 11:27:58 PM
Over a thousand parts in this model...

Wow!

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* August 29, 2013, 04:03:07 AM
Sorry Gaz, I think it was six frames, the original was three with the text on each frame a different colour, but it was too fast, so doubled the frames.